Sited on an 1860's farmstead, The Studio offers a comfortable and restorative retreat located close to wineries, hiking trails, spa country of Daylesford (20min) and the country town of Kyneton (15min). The Studio is an eco retreat made with reclaimed materials, furnished in vintage powered by solar and uses only rainwater and a composting toilet. The Studio is nestled amongst established gardens with expansive views over paddocks and dams. Magical sunsets, birdlife and our friendly animals.
The Studio has served as an artist's studio, sheerer's cottage and long ago, a sheep shed. Built from reclaimed and restored materials, this space is comfortable, well appointed and restful. Everything you see (other than bedding and mattresses) is vintage or recycled and lovingly restored.
The studio is a two room cottage with the kitchen and bathroom seperate from the living area, bedroom and dining area.
Reverse cycle heating and cooling will keep you cozy and block out blinds keep out the morning sun for a well deserved sleep in.
The views can be enjoyed from many angles and the sunrises and sunsets are magic!
Guests are welcome to wander through the gardens, paddocks and surrounds.
Interakcija s gostima
I'm happy to help with suggestions, bookings and whatever you need.
WiFi is free and available.
Winters in Drummond are chilly so bring a warm jacket for when you go outside.
The toilet is a waterless, inside, composting toilet. It works just like a 'normal loo' and has no odour, it is fully automatic but keep the lid closed.
- The kitchen is simple with a small oven/2 burner unit, microwave, kettle, fridge and pantry. Everything is there to make a lovely, simple meal.
- We are a working farm so please wear shoes at all times.
- The Studio is an eco-retreat which means that you are on solar power, shower in rainwater and are surrounded by vintage and recycled goods.
- There is a modern shower and a waterless, composting toilet in the bathroom. The toilet works just as a 'normal toilet', has no odour but sits a little higher than a standard toilet, to ensure an efficient composting process, keep the lid closed when not in use or it will smell.
- We encourage you to mingle with the animals which include friendly chooks, cows and sheep. If you're lucky we might have baby chicks or a lamb or two!
- We welcome well behaved pets but our fences are not dog proof and there are kangaroos in the field.
- You will be surrounded by the sounds of nature which include parrots, kangaroos and a kookaburra or two.
- We do have a rooster but he is housed on the property away from The Studio.
- We live onsite in a seperate farmhouse. We are available if you need anything or a recommendation for dinner.
- We respect your privacy and will leave you to relax and enjoy your own space unless you request assistance or need advice, however we do need to let the chickens out in the morning and lock them up in the evening which is near the studio, typically this only takes a few minutes and we will advise you of the times prior to arrival, we come down normally around 9am and 5pm but this does vary during the year.
Od 23. Listopad 2017. - 26. Listopad 2017. minimalni boravak je 3 noćenja.
I'm a landscape architect designing play spaces for parks in Melbourne's inner north. It's a busy gig so I love (and need) to get away from time to time.
I travel with my partner and we will often arrive on a touring motorcycle - big but very quiet. We enjoy travel 'off the beaten path' to places that inspire with quiet natural beauty.
We live on a quirky 1890's farmstead and have a goal of making it a self-sufficient permaculture farm. We share our space with a gaggle of chickens, two cows, four sheep and a lovely Husky dog named Frost. Everything on the farm is made from recycled, reclaimed, found or crafted objects that have been lovingly collected over the years.