Private, quiet, and well-furnished room (~400 sq. ft) conveniently located in Brookhaven just minutes from Town Brookhaven (1-2 min), Buckhead (4-5 min), Mid-Town Atlanta (7-12 min), and Downtown Atlanta (12-15 min). Sophisticated space with outstanding decor and lighting. Immaculately clean. Relaxing and tranquil setting. Separate entrance (this really adds a level of privacy). See all 47 reviews!
Greetings! Thank you for viewing our one bedroom rental that is separate from the rest of the house. This unit presents the best of both worlds: a centralized location close to everything Atlanta has to offer, but situated in a tranquil, peaceful setting with easy check-in, parking and great wifi.
When it comes to our guests' comfort, we spared no expense. Not only is the unit quiet, and wonderfully decorated, but it also has many of the features found in 5-star hotels just down the road (in fact, one of my former guests left a review saying that we were better than any hotel in the area--I agree!). For instance, we installed a separate HVAC unit with its own Nest thermostat. We also gave the unit a dedicated hot water heater. By doing this, we give you, our guest, the ability to make this your 'home away from home,' and to enjoy the space according to your preferences.
1) Independent 1.5-ton HVAC unit (that is like really huge for a 400 sq. ft. room). Heating is via heat pump plus auxiliary natural gas heating. Cooling is standard AC (however, see House Rule on AC temps). Windows are "Low-e" so they reflects solar radiation outward thereby keeping the unit cool and comfortable;
2) Independent 40-gallon hot water heater set to 125 degrees (note all faucets equipped with scald-guards);
3) 50" 4K Roku TV with free Netflix/Hulu/Amazon movies. Also included are basic antenna-based TV shows with approx. 50 channels including CBS, FOX, NBC, and ABC (all high-def);
4) Mini-frig stocked with complimentary refreshments (usually Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Water) & Keurig coffee (also complimentary);
5) Sound-proofed walls separating this bedroom unit from the rest of the house (so you won't hear us and we won't hear you);
6) Sophisticated security system including several security cameras, alarm system, keypad deadbolt, and ample lighting. All lighting with the exception of the chandelier utilizes LED technology. I also keep the lights on for my guests who check-in late at night;
7) Approx. 400 square feet overall living space including private bathroom/en suite. This is a pretty decent sized room for 2 guests. Your average-sized hotel room is approx. 325 square feet to give you a relative idea of the size;
8) Deep enclosure tub (words don't really do it justice; see picture!);
9) Private & independent entry/exit way so feel free to come and go as you please at any hour of day or night. Most of my guests feel they have the "place to themselves," and that is true. My family and I use another entrance. We try to give you as much space as possible & we respect your privacy.
10) Free Wi-Fi with signal extender (internet speed is 75 mbps download);
11) Hardwood floors with space carpeting where appropriate;
12) Blackout shades on all windows (these are particularly useful from October to April when the sun is lower on the horizon). The shades are also useful in keeping out solar heating during the day;
13) Parking (1 space; 2 upon advanced request);
14) Desk/office/work space with desk lamp;
15) Superior host metrics. 47 reviews and 47 five-star ratings + SuperHost. My self-imposed standard of care for privacy, quality, and cleanliness is extremely high!
Finally, one note about CLEANING: We deep clean after each guest so that the next guest walks into a 100% sanitized, clean, and refreshing room. The cleaning process takes considerable time and involves 1) vacuum-cleaning the entire floor and rug; 2) wet-mopping floors as necessary; 3) sanitizing, washing, and drying all bathroom areas including the tub, shower, toilet & sink; 4) throwing out and replacing all disposable items; 5) removing all sheets and towels and replace; 6) sanitizing and wiping down all cabinetry, desk, end-tables, and so forth; and most importantly, 7) we utilize a sophisticated air freshening system that completely removes ANY and ALL trace odors.
The end-result is that our guests walk into a room that is beyond clean and that exceeds expectations!!
Some notes on distances between my place and local points of interest:
Town Brookhaven (including Publix Supermarket & Costco) = 1.7 miles away.
Whole Foods (just opened!!) = 1.9 miles away.
The MARTA-Brookhaven stop = 1.2 miles away.
CVS on Clairmont = 0.9 miles away.
Restaurants on Dresden = 0.6 miles away.
Oglethorpe University = 1.5 miles away.
Lenox Mall = 3.0 miles away.
The CDC = 2.9 miles away.
Third Rail Studios = 3.7 miles away.
Hartsfield Jackson AIRPORT = 20.9 miles (25 to 45 minute drive)
The room is the private room located directly above the garage. The room has its own entrance. The actual door is located in the breezeway. Open the door and go up the stairs and the unit is yours to enjoy.
Interakcija s gostima
Here is my philosophy on guest/host interaction: I am here to help you any way I can, but otherwise I am invisible. The unit can be accessed through a numerical keypad lock (the code of which I will give you 1-2 days prior to your arrival & change after each guest), so you are free to check-in privately and discreetly. Certainly if something comes up, text or call me as I always have my cell phone on me. Otherwise, I respect your space.
There is no cable TV. We have internet-based subscription services only coupled with an amplified TV antenna that receives 50+ channels including the major networks.
Also, just to clarify (I get this question a lot so bear with me!): The only unit for rent is this one bedroom you see pictured in the listing. The remainder of the house is not for rent.
EDIT 5 MAY 2017: I installed a NEST thermostat and replaced the old unit. The NEST has a motion sensor. When it doesn't detect motion, it automatically goes into "ECO" mode.
EDIT 5 JUNE 2017: AC usage has been curtailed to a minimum setting of 70 degrees.
EDIT 6 OCT 2017: There is no kitchen in the unit. What you see in the photographs is exactly what the unit looks like. For whatever reason, several people have asked me about this and so I thought maybe I should say something about it . . .
(1) There is NO SMOKING of any kind on the property. This includes smoking in the breezeway; in the backyard; or on the street.
(2) I love little babies but children under 2 are not permitted on the premises;
(3) The only people permitted to be on the property are the guests who registered. There is no "substitute booking" where the named guest is different from the actual guest.
(4) No one is allowed on the property without prior permission if they are not part of the original booking (i.e. "guests cannot have guests"). No parties or social events. Guests cannot invite other persons into the unit without prior permission from me, and such permission is rarely granted.
(5) The maximum number of guests is two (2).
(6) The minimum setting for AC is 70 degrees. Believe me, 1.5 tons AC + 400 square feet = 70 = freezing.
(7) When submitting an inquiry, please tell us a little about yourself and your interest in our BNB. Also let us know that you have read the full description and understand the house rules and feel comfortable staying in the BNB.