while the guest room is meant for a couple [2 adults] ; the study can be used for an additional 3rd guest if they have their own sleeping bags on a pro rata basis [per person].
the study is much smaller at about half the size of the pg room with a/c
PRIVATE ROOM ONLY! [to rent the entire apt is triple the single room rate given here for all 3 bedrooms since the owner resides at this location]
deonar is 1km to the east of chembur and
1km south of govandi which is also the nearest train station
this 3 bedroom apt is 1,855 sq feet 'super built up' which is almost 1,290 sq ft of 'carpet area'
the avg size of mumbai apts is about 400-500 sq ft / bedroom for super built up so this would be above avg space
full service ROOM:
* single AC bedroom with attached bath only
* shared living/dining/kitchen
* TV & DVD [airtel dth]
* just 10 miles from domestic airport [BOM]
* about US$9-10 cab fare in a metered AC taxi [each way] so don't get ripped off!
only AC cabs with electronic meters can provide printed receipts [all others may only give hand written ones if at all]
very limited guest parking [only about a dozen slots for almost 240 apts], 24 hour watchmen, 4 buildings of 18 floors each in the complex.
diesel generators for elevators and stairwell lights in case of power outage [very rare].
queen size bed, 50" led, dvd player, 100 dvd with english tv shows and hollywood movies,
attached bathroom, water heater, glass partioned shower area, window AC.
* midway between navi mumbai [vashi] and central bombay [parel].
* auto rickshaws are available at the gate but taxi's will take 5-10 min longer to find.
* you can request any guard to get one for you anytime from the gate or lobby.
* book an AC cab if your trip is more than 5-6 km over the phone but they need almost 1 hour notice [meru, mega, easy, and tab cabs] - rs. 20/km = $0.50/mile approx
most AC car rentals in india are priced in 2 ways:
4 hours / 40 km for around US$20 - 30
[hatchbacks are cheaper, cramped, uncomfortable, and less safe than larger cars]
8 hrs / 80 km for $35-45 [depending on the car]
additional charges apply for each hour and km beyond that limit
the time and distance starts from when the vehicle leaves the garage
[not from when you get in] so your NET usable part might be around 7 hrs / 70 km or less in many cases
4-5 min to the highway [S-T road] - 150 yards.
9 year old building.
daily maid service around 10.30 - 11.30am,
[meals are not included for stays under a week and are chargeable]:
* 8.30 - 9.30am for breakfast [fornightly stays]
* 7.30 - 8.30pm dinner [monthly stays]
approx travel times by taxi from acropolis [g00gle maps]:
* 5-6 min to TISS [tata institute] - 1+ miles
* 9-10 min to RK studios [chembur] - 2 miles
* 10-15 min to BARC - 3 miles
* 15-20 min to vashi [inorbit mall] - 9 miles
* 30-35 min to parel [itc hotel]
* 35-45 min to new financial district [bkc]
* over 1 hour to downtown 'old' business district [south of worli]: approx 65 - 75 min
* 45-55 min to domestic airport [via bkc]
* 1+ hour to international terminal [65-70 min]
to avoid high international roaming charges you have the following options:
a] apply for a prepaid SIM card with your photo, and passport as id and address proof and wait for approval since it takes longer for foreigners
this only works if you have an unlocked gsm handset that's dual or tri-band
b] use my SIM without any paperwork / waiting time but its more expensive to rent out
c] use my driver's prepaid sim
all sim have free unlimited incoming minutes which is perfect for getting int'l calls [just like a landline]
'Govandi (East), with PIN Code 400088, has good infrastructure, with close connectivity to the Sion-Trombay Highway, on the eastern side. Deonar Village is home to the Deonar Telecom Exchange, adjacent to Sion-Trombay road.
The Telecom Factory Road, leading to Deonar Village, is home to housing complexes such as Neelkanth Gardens, Orchid CHS , Trimurti C.H. S., Raheja Acropolis, Dutt Guru CHS, Banganga CHS, Patwardhan Colony and Jeevan Mahal.
The International Institute of Population Sciences, TISS, and Shah & Anchor Polytechnics are also located in the vicinity. The lush green belt also has many corporate houses such as Spanco BPO, Dukes (PepsiCo), Lakme, and USV Ltd.'
shared living, dining, kitchen
private bed & bath
Interakcija s gostima
host will be present during guest stay
self service meals [microwaveable] when daily maids are not present
basic brunch - eggs, toasts, tea, coffee $1/person [10.30-11.30am only]
seasonal fresh fruits $1 extra [anytime]
veg meals = $2/guest
non-veg = $4/head [chicken or lamb]
continental = $8pp [pizza or pasta]
its mandatory to get police verification done for all guests regardless of length of stay which is state law.
guests are not permitted to eat in the bedroom - use the dining room instead
for security reasons, duplicate apt keys will not be provided until payment is credited for stays of over a week [guest room keys will be provided instead to secure your belongings].
early checkin [3pm] and late checkout [10am] permitted on weekends.
lawn & playground timings from dawn to dusk [7am - 7pm approx]
pool times 8am - 6pm [depending on lifeguard availability]
gym times 8am - 8pm [reconfirm all timings at society office located in basement parking]
no pets allowed.
no beef inside the complex.
top 4 amenities listed below [#1-4] are waived off for stays over a week:
1. prepaid satellite tv is US$1/night [dth]
2. wifi is $2/night additional [limited to 1gb / day via 4g hotspot]
3. pool or gym for visitors is about $10-20/person weekly [subject to change by the housing society]
4. This is waived off for stays over a month [4 weeks or more]:
laundry charges $1 / item for wash, dry, iron and fold
6. nexus7 or ipad2 rental is $10/night with $100 refundable deposit
7. dell laptop rental is $15/night with $150 deposit
8. chauffered AC car is $5/hour and $1/mile [mon - fri only] 9am - 7pm
$4 / hour for weekly stays
$3 / hr for monthly
$2 / hr for bi-monthly
$1 / hr for quarterly or longer stays
no individual receipts possible for amenities / incidentals
however you are free to email any bill format to me for printing and signing
in case you need it for taxes / reimbursements etc.
discounted rates for stays over a month are as follows:
bi-monthly = $3,000 [2 months]
quarterly = $4,000 [3 months]
semi-annual = $7,000 [6 months]
annual = $(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) months]