Relax in a dreamy, round, spacious, hand-built, off-the-grid dome guest house. Unwind in a private, 108 degree, natural, hot mineral spring. This sustainable acre is in the historic, downtown bathhouse district, walking distance to everything. The dome and property are subject of an award winning book, The Good Life Lab, written by your host about shifting from a hectic life lived in NYC to a hands-on life in the New Mexico desert. The book won The Nautilus award for sustainability & lifestyle.
• Guest house situated in a corner nook of an acre sized, private, earthen-walled property
• Inside the dome it is extremely quiet due to 1' thick walls
• Stocked with a small low-noise, thermal electric mini fridge; microwave, electric kettle, French press, mugs, plates, forks and knives. Everything needed for heating up restaurant left overs.
• High speed wifi 40MB accessible in the dome and on our two shady porches - rock solid and reliable
• Audio speaker with 1/8" cable and bluetooth use with phone/computer
• Ductless heating and AC unit
• Off street private parking
• Off-the-grid on PV solar
• Gardens, fruit trees, and birds & bees. A casual and laid back environment for totally letting go.
• The dome is chemical and pet allergen free. We clean with natural materials: essential oil, baking soda, simple soap, vinegar and scent free detergent. Linens are air dried.
Enjoy unlimited soaking in our 8' diameter, 108-degree, outdoor, natural, hot spring in a spacious and private, fenced area with views of Turtleback mountain, star-studded night skies, and sometimes the space station and the milky way.
Interakcija s gostima
For guests who wish to socialize, we're often available around dusk and enjoy connecting over a sunset cocktail or mocktail. We leave it to guests to initiate. We meet and greet upon arrival when we're in town.
When we're hosting BBQs, bonfires, and backyard gatherings our guests are always invited.
When we are traveling check-in instructions are provided for self check in.
We're trail runners, we can recommend wonderful trails to run and hike.
Check the web site go sierra county for event listings.
Always call ahead before going to an activity or restaurant, TorC businesses keep odd hours!
Arrive mid/late afternoon and hit Bullocks grocery store for snacks. Scoot to dinner early, restaurants don't stay open late here. Walk off dinner with a stroll along the Rio Grande river and up the mesa on the "Healing Waters Trail."
- Maximum occupancy - two adults
- Must be 25 + yr old to book
- No Cooking (amenities provided for heating up restaurant left overs, making coffee/tea)
- Guests who book agree that hot spring soaking is at their own risk
- Guests are asked not to lay on bedding and linens after applying body lotions and products. Guests will be charged $75 per sheet set and $100 per blanket or coverlet if replacements are necessary due to stains from oil, lotion or cosmetic products.
- The area above the bathroom is not a loft. If you climb up there it will collapse under your weight and or damage the bathroom ceiling. The latter leading to it is purely decorative, not load bearing, it is dangerous to climb.
I'm the author of The Good Life Lab: Radical Experiments in Hands On Living (Storey Publishing June 2013) which won the Nautilus award for sustainable living, founder of a Creative Commons textile repurposing event called Swap-O-Rama-Rama, and keeper of the blog The Good Life Lab. I trail run in the mountains, garden, write, cook and paint. I also practice and teach yoga and meditation. I lead private guided contemplative retreats on site.