Are you ready for the most amazing experience? To sleep in the treetop canopy of a rainforest just minutes walk from 4 waterfalls where you can swim?
Welcome to Wanggulay!
Over the last 14 years, we have been honoured to host film crews, fashion houses, and people from all over the world.
Yes, we are more expensive than most. we keep a very high standard. Luxurious Four Bedroom, Three Bathroom Timber Holiday House in the Treetops!
Leave your city life behind and step into "Wanggulay". Uniquely Wanggulay is suspended in the treetop canopy on three levels right on the Barron River Gorge at Kamerunga, close to Cairns, Yorkeys Knob and Palm Cove is a short drive away. Many of our guests use this as a luxury and breathtaking alternative to the accommodation in Cairns, Yorkeys Knob or Palm Cove. Access is very easy and once you arrive, like so many of our guests you will not want to leave. This absolute luxury hideaway blurs the line between indoors and out. Surrounded by water and world heritage listed rainforest you are perfectly placed to walk the trails of the national park, canoe the Barron River Gorge, swim in natural waterfalls or simply relax on the balconies and private platform overlooking the river. Dive on the Great Barrier Reef or enjoy a sunset walk on nearby Palm Cove beach.
Our Asian inspired interiors are wrapped by two twenty metre timber balconies and an infinity edged pool accessed by a private bridgeway from the master bedroom. This all looks over the world heritage listed rainforest and down onto the Barron river below.
This retreat is entirely yours to enjoy when you book Wanggulay - Read why guests over the last four years just keep coming back for one of the most memorable holidays ever! Honeymooners, Anniversaries, Weddings and Family reunions - if you are looking for the holiday of a lifetime you have found Wanggulay!
Natural ochres, earth-colours and textures invite you into the main living area under a large timber cathedral ceiling. The spacious open-plan living area extends outside to a wide verandah high above the forest floor in the treetops. Bi-fold doors slide back, allowing the large outdoor area to become part of the living room. On hot days, with the doors closed, the integrated air-conditioning keeps the house cool. On the floor below is a smaller living area with a lounge, large screen television and bi-fold doors opening onto a verandah.
Of course you can take your 'living area' outside to the resort-style pool or the deck amongst the trees on the hillside below the house.
A place to dream in the land of the 'dreamtime.
The master bedroom looks out through the dappled sunlight of the treetops with the river down below. Birds sing and play in the branches surrounding the large balcony outside.
Fine linen, polished timber floors - attention to detail, decorative soaps in a Balinese tray, fragrant frangipannis floating in a bowl and a luxurious ensuite bathroom with a spa-bath.
Awarded third place in 2005 best creative pool QLD
The cooling sound of pool water cascading into Japanese riverbed rocks has a 'zen' like quality in harmony with the environment.
The pool is unique with a series of long steps leading down to water two metres deep which, at night with the pool light on, becomes a cool luminescent blue.
If you feel like a midnight swim under the stars there is access to the pool via the main bedroom. Throw some steaks on the bbq, lie on the sundeck with cool drinks or swim in the cool water - 'Wanggulay' has the perfect outdoor entertaining area
Reasons to stay
A Queensland Weekender Favourite
Our Guest Book -Wonderful holiday awaits
Award Winning 5 Star Accommodation
Creative Pool Award Winner
Hear the sounds of the Rainforest
Asian Fusion and Bali Inspired in QLD
Close to Beaches
WHAT TO DO
Walk the marked trails of World Heritage listed rainforest right on your doorstep.
Explore the rock pools and waterfalls of Stoney creek.
Walk down to the Barron river by private pathway.
Canoe the Barron river gorge.
Fish for famous Barramundi in the lower reaches of the Barron river.
Dive or snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
Sunset walks on the beach at Palm Cove.
Skyrail over the rainforest canopy.
Take a picnic to Crystal Cascades.
Explore the wonderful Rusty's fresh produce markets.
Dine out at one of the many nearby restaurants.
Take a short drive along kilometres of unspoilt coastline to Port Douglas have lunch and explore.
Or simply relax on the expansive balconies, private river platform or by the infinity edge pool where you can take in all the delights of a holiday in the rainforest.
Interakcija s gostima
As a retired airline pilot we take great pride in giving gets an amazing experience. Contact us for the best tips on saving money on airfares and rental cars, after 30 years in the travel industry we know the secrets. We have sent over 1000 guests out to the reef, we offer personalised service and can change your booking to get out on the best weather day. We provide a welcoming arrival to Wanggulay and are always available by phone to answer questions or assist. Our comprehensive 37 page guest guide provide all the information from managers and guests over the last 10 years to help ensure you have a fuss free, fabulous stay.
Wanggulay is ranked number one on several major travel sites for best place to stay in Queensland and Australia.
We are new to airbnb but would be very happy to provide you with a list of over 175 favourable reviews of Wanggulay that we have from our guests over the last 10 years
Holiday Rental Terms and Conditions
• We offer Wanggulay for short-term stays of one night, with an additional charge to cover our costs. Airbnb do not have a facility to put this in the pricing and have advised us to place it here. There is a charge of up to $499 for stays of 4 nights or less. We do waive this charge on occasions, please ask.
• The terms and conditions of the holiday letting as agreed to by both parties are as follows and departure from same by you permits the owner or agent to refuse the key, amend the charge or immediately terminate the occupancy.
• The premises are let to you for holiday purposes only for the period stated on the receipt. Short stay - two nights or less - is an additional charge of $299
• No large gatherings, parties, weddings are approved to take place at Wanggulay without prior arrangement. In the event this occurs the bond will be forfeited and additional charges made.
• Body corporate rules must be complied with and are set out in this Guest Guide.
• Premises are available from 4 pm on the day of your arrival and are to be vacated by 10am on the day of your departure.
• A deposit equivalent to 20% of the total booking amount will be paid and balance of booking is required two months before occupancy.
• The agent reserves the right to apply a $500 bond payable prior to occupancy. Should the property not be left in a very poor state, a supplementary cleaning charge of $50 per hour for the additional cleaning will be applied.
• Breakages and losses to the property are to be reported to the manager and will be deducted from the refundable bond.
• We reserve the right to apply any amount of minimum night stays at any time.
• The number of people occupying the premises is not to exceed the number of people that beds are provided for and the booking made for or the bond will be forfeited.
• No additional linen or bedding is permitted
• In the event of a cancelled booking by you, (for the whole time or any part thereof ) the deposit is not refundable unless the property is rebooked for the entire period, and if successful an administration fee of $100 will be charged. Should you advise us that you wish to shorten your stay on, before, or after your arrival, full payment before arrival is still required until we can rebook that time. Any monies will then be refunded. We strongly recommend you take out travel insurance.
• With telephone, internet and postal bookings, the description of the premises is made in good faith but no responsibility for miss-description can be accepted.
• In the event that any appliance breaks down every reasonable endeavour will be made to repair, replace or hire an alternative. The agent or owner accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience.
• Wanggulay has limited access to tradespersons and your patience is sought should this occur.
• Furniture should not be moved.
• No responsibility is taken for guests personal property left on the premises.
• All bed and bathroom linen and beach and pool towels are provided If guests require a change of linen on a short stay of less than 7 days or periodic cleaning during their stay an extra charge will apply.
• Pets are not allowed on or about the premises unless by prior permission.
• No person on the premises shall be guilty of conduct that is a nuisance to adjoining or neighbouring occupiers. By-laws must be adhered to.
• One car can be parked undercover and two additional car behind
Ovaj domaćin ima 22 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
My name is Belinda. We built Wanggulay in 2003. I have lived overseas for many years and Wanggulay is our spectacular home in Australia. I am a Nutritionist and lifestyle consultant and love food. I recently wrote the Cairns and Wanggulay Guide which contains a comprehensive food section detailing my favourite markets,restaurants and cafes. I have two daughters and they wrote the kids section in the Wanggulay guide too. The eBook copy of the guide is yours when you make an enquiry. I would love to show you our home, perhaps you have already seen it on Australian Lifestyle television or Queensland Weekender.