This apartment is perfect for any visit to San Francisco! Located in Hayes Valley, one of the most central and most popular neighborhoods in the city, you will be walking distance from The Painted Ladies, Patricia's Green, Biergarten, the SF Opera and Symphony, the Mission and Castro Districts. Conveniently located just 2 blocks from the Van Ness Muni station to take you anywhere else you want to go! Enjoy this entire apartment as a couple, solo adventurer, business traveler, or big group.
Checkout is at 12 but if no one is booked afterwards you can stay later, and bags can be stored in the garage!
Golden Gate Bridge
- An obvious one, but included for completeness
Batteries to Bluffs Trail
- If you are into hiking, this is a great trail along Baker Beach that leads past some abandoned military batteries and ends with a unique view of the GG bridge. Short and low difficulty.
- 30 minutes north of the city, beautiful national park. Easiest place to see redwoods
Golden Gate Park
- San Francisco's massive city park with flower gardens, lakes, and plenty of grass area for picnics or lounging. I recommend renting bikes from one of several cheap bike shops nearby and taking a cruise though the park.
De Young Museum
- Located in Golden Gate Park. Art museum currently featuring the Summer of Love Exhibit focusing on the 1967 summer in SF, the height of the hippie movement.
- Other museums based on interest (all great): California Academy of Sciences, SF MoMA, Exploratorium
- Hike or drive to the top of the hill to have a sprawling view of the city; can be breezy and chilly at the top so be prepared
- SF's likely most iconic neighborhood. Lots of character and hispanic heritage, making it fun to walk the area looking at shops and eating some great Mexican food. Check out the Clarion Alley street art, then grab a snack at Tartine Bakery on your way to relax at Delores Park.
- Burma Love: possibly our favorite restaurant in the city. Burmese food walking distance from the apartment. Get the Tea Leaf salad.
- Souvla: extremely popular Greek salad/sandwich place in Hayes Valley. Great for a quick meal
- Otoro Sushi: a few doors down on our street. Convenient and great sushi.
- Nojo: also nearby. Delicious ramen.
- Chez Maman: Crepes. Enough said.
- Smitten: ice cream stand 2 blocks from the apartment. Probably the most popular ice cream in SF. Made in front of you using a special technique using nitrogen. A bit expensive for my taste ($5 for a tiny cup).
- Some nearby bars we enjoy are Martuni's (live piano) and Anina (new bar in Hayes with a patio)
I am from Houston originally, went to Chicago for college and taught on the south side. After that, I attended medical school, and now I am a psychiatrist in San Francisco. I love dance, music, traveling, and playing piano.