Two rooms plus a full bath w/ private entrance. Furnished bedroom w/ new comfy bedding. Strong WiFi, new large bath, organic breakfast bites, plus coffee, tea & Izzies. Art-laden privacy tri-fold screen for the few steps between bedroom and bathroom.
Centered in Silicon Valley, near Stanford, walking distance to restaurants & groceries.
This space is half the first floor of our 2-story home. We live on the second floor. The other downstairs half is an art studio. Artsy Suite is large enough for more than 2, with a your own kitchenette / sitting room stocked w/ yummy, healthy snacks and drinks. The sitting room has a beautiful custom-made couch, antique coffee table, a pine kitchen table, and a cabinet fully stocked with table settings, (choice of washable or disposable) and kitchenware for food prep. You'll also have house slippers to hit that extra comfy level.
- The bedroom is in the quietest corner of the house. It's as if there is a noise cancelling machine there. The divider wall has a giant armoire (with the TV & shelving) in front of 2 double-thick canvas sheets rather than 2 drywall sheets. Very artsy, don't you think?
Your large bathroom is on one side of the room & your kitchenette/couch area/entrance on the other - this space is also very quiet.
- This ground level floor is very recently rebuilt with strong WIFI & built-in USB ports. You have your own thermostat for toasty warm gas heating in the winter. In the summer, it is nice and cool on this floor.
- Between the art space and the apartment is a *shared use space*: a second couch, coffee tables, and chairs. From there, you can directly walk out thru the patio doors to the yard with raised gardens, and fruit trees
- The laundry room is also on this floor between the art studio & the guest suite. We'll show you how to use the washer and dryer - they are German-built and a bit different from standard Kenmore style machines.
Our front yard is pleasant to stroll or sit in, so you'll probably see us out there, or just generally about. We're often tending to several raised beds of vegetables or flowers, or simply enjoying the plants plus the birds, honey bees, and squirrels hang out in the yard.
Your door entry is adjacent to your parking space on the blacktop driveway. See the Airbnb key pad info for the code. However, we can also text you the code on your arrival date.
The area of the first floor for guest use is:
- your bedroom
- your sitting room/kitchenette
- the bathroom (your shower & closet; toilet is for 1st floor use)
- the laundry
- shared use room with sliding glass patio windows
- garden (you are welcome to pick fruit and vegetables each day)
Interakcija s gostima
Let us know if you want solitude or conversation. We've enjoyed both kinds of interactions.
Overall, the suite is fairly private, but it is on the edge an open architecture space giving the rest floor a spacious and airy feeling. In the evening, we check the doors & lights downstairs. Your room is left untouched, unless you ask for something.
Our daily life in the house is mostly upstairs, and with less time in the studio, and yard. The art studio is on the opposite side of the house from your suite, at the bottom of the stairs to our kitchen/pantry. You probably won't hear us occasionally come downstairs - we don't come over to your side unless you invite us or we're restocking your supplies.
If interested in art, you can book an art lesson in the art studio. All the art is for sale. Airbnb guests get the 25% off friends and family discount :-)
Two things: art & cats upstairs:
- We have all the art supplies in the studio, so you could take a private art class and create a work of art to take home. How's that for a memento?
- Our tuxedo-cat loves company. He's not in Artsy Suite often, but if you want him to visit, he loves belly rubs. Just be careful not to let him out, even he does sneak out once in a great while.
- The Keurig coffee machine turns on for 3 hours at 6am. If you want coffee at another time in the day, push the small bullseye mark on the soft screen. It's programmed to serve the 8-oz paper and ceramic coffee cups.
- You can use our washer and dryer except 4-9PM.
- Turn off all appliances and lights when you're away.
- Park on the left in the driveway and pull forward.
- Wash and dry dishes in the area near the washer and dryer.
- The art studio is available to you, only if you are a professional artist OR taking on-site lessons. Please arrange with Susan for specifics.
- You may see one of our friendly cats on the property. Please keep the toilet lid down and do not let them outside.
- We live upstairs, which is off-limits to guests. We use a distant area first floor for making art, visiting with other artists, meditating, and laundry.
Ovaj domaćin ima 1 recenziju za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Susan is a selling artist who also works in tech. Carl writes in tech and in stories. We have great wifi and a fabulous art studio. You can even take an art class during your stay.
While traveling 20 years ago, we met. Not surpassingly, we are into traveling, museums, and theater. We created this great house in Redwood City, with an art studio, cool garden-yard, and cool cats.