Catskill Mountain Retreat is your quintessential log cabin getaway in the mountains. No matter the season, you can escape to the comfort of a spacious 3,000 sq. ft. 5-bedroom house complete with 3 baths, 2 fireplaces, a large game room, fire pit and wi-fi. Close to amazing restaurants, numerous hiking trails, swimming holes and 10 minutes away from Belleayre ski resort (25 minutes from Hunter and Windham ski resorts). It's the perfect destination to create memories with family and friends.
Our log cabin is nestled in the Catskill Mountains on two acres. Plenty of space to host family and make memories in the fresh mountain air.
Enjoy your morning sipping coffee on our front deck with sweeping views of the mountains. Secluded from our friendly neighbors, on a dead end road, you will feel like you're in the middle of nowhere. Listen to wildlife, hear the nearby stream and maybe catch a glimpse of a turkey family wandering through our property.
If it's cold, throw on a few logs into one of our two fireplaces or turn up the heat on one of our two propane stoves. The house retains heat fairly well (even during those polar vortex weekends we've had in recent years) and in the summer it cools off enough at night to where all you need is the cool mountain air coming in through the screened windows. Typically you'll find that it's 10-15 degrees cooler than NYC.
If you want to "disconnect" this is the place to do it. Cell phone reception is spotty at the cabin. We do have wi-fi and a landline but cellular phone coverage may be an issue.
Guests will have access to the entire house with the exception of the spa--it's been winterized. Sorry! It's tough to describe where our property ends but know that you can explore the surrounding woods downhill from our place for quite a ways.
Interakcija s gostima
Although I am not onsite, I do have a local property management company who can assist with any needs that I am unable to help with. I am extremely responsive on email. Upon confirmation of your stay, I will provide you with a welcome PDF that will include information on the house (tips/tricks, etc), restaurant recommendations and things to do by season. If you have any specific questions or needs, I'm happy to help. We LOVE the Catskills and all that this wonderful area has to offer.
The cabin is outfitted with everything imaginable to make your stay as comfortable as possible. And, it's also very kid-friendly.
We have loads of games and toys available, an extra fridge/freezer in the garage, unlimited amount of firewood for the fireplace and fire pit, DVD player, wi-fi, Roku (you'll need to enter your account info for Netflix or Amazon rentals), karaoke machine, two large flat screen TVs, an outdoor hammock, gas grill, beach chairs, etc.
This is our home away from home. Thus, why it may just feel like that for you, too!
- 1. CHECK IN / CHECK OUT: Check in is at 3 p.m. and check out is at 11 a.m. Early check-in or late check-out is usually allowed as long as there are no guests in the house on the same day. Please confirm with us before making any plans.
- 2. OCCUPANCY: The base price per night is calculated for 5 GUESTS. This is to keep the price low enough for smaller groups. Each additional guest after 6 people is charged $25 per night, subject to approval. Additionally, we require the person booking the cabin to be a minimum of 25 years old. No events, weddings, film or photo shoots without prior written approval.
- 3. PETS : No pets allowed under any circumstances. Sorry.
- 4. PARKING: Please don't park your car on the lawn, try and stay on the gravel. There is additional parking on the road.
- 5. TRASH / RECYCLING: You must take your trash with you. You will be charged $20 for each bag of trash left at the house after you leave. We understand this may be an inconvenience but unfortunately, we do not have garbage service.
- 6. GAS BBQ: Please brush the grill immediately after use and turn off the gas after using it. Cover grill before checking out. Grill will be put away during the winter months.
- 7. SMOKING: No smoking of any kind inside the house.
- 8. OUTDOOR FURNITURE: Cushions must be brought inside where you found them and should not be left out at night. The umbrella should be closed every night and left closed once you check out. Indoor furniture should NOT be taken outside.
- 9. THERMOSTATS: Please make sure that you turn down the specific thermostats (to be communicated via our welcome PDF) to 55 degrees when leaving the premises after your stay.
- 10. STORM/OUTAGE POLICY: Prepare yourself with a 4x4 vehicle during winter months. We often have heavy snowfall and the road leading to our house is quite steep.
- 11. SHOES / BOOTS DURING WINTER / MUDDY / RAINY MONTHS: Please take shoes off upon entering the house.
- 12. YOUR DEPOSIT: Will be fully refunded so long as the house is in the same condition as you found it. Please let us know in advance if you find any issues during your stay. A full inspection of the house will be completed after each guest's stay. And of course, if any issues do arise, please keep us informed as it's better for us to know in advance than to find out after you leave. We are strict on the garbage policy.