Deluxe, beachfront, penthouse. Fall asleep to the sound of the surf in Lisa's 2-bedroom, 2-bath penthouse condo. Beautifully furnished, this unit sleeps 6. And with nearly 1,000 square feet of terrace, you have the perfect setting for outdoor living and entertaining! This unit is close to the rainforest, shops and restaurants. It is a great location for couples, solo adventurers, and families (with kids).
1. Use anything you like but if it gets lost or damaged, please replace the item so there are no deductions from your security deposit.
2. No smoking is allowed in or around the rental premises, except the upstairs terrace.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking is available for 1 vehicle. Vehicles are to be parked in the designated parking space (306) only. If Guests have visitors, they may use available guest parking. Parking on the road is not recommended. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
11. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. Any expense caused by improper flushing will be charged against the Security deposit.
12. Storms: As much as the Homeowner would like to guarantee fair weather, that is impossible to do. If there is a storm or hurricane, no refunds will be given unless:
• The state or local authorities order mandatory evacuations in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning area" and/or
• A "mandatory evacuation order has been given for the Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning" area of residence of a vacationing guest.
• The day that the authorities order a mandatory evacuation order in a "Tropical Storm/Hurricane Warning," area, we will refund:
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest currently registered;
-Any unused portion of rent from a guest that is scheduled to arrive, and wants to shorten the stay, to come in after the Hurricane Warning is lifted; and
-Any advance rents collected or deposited for a reservation that is scheduled to arrive during the "Hurricane Warning" period.
Directions and access instructions:
Things to bring:
If you are arriving after dark, bring a small flashlight (or download a flashlight app on your cell phone); DVDs, CDs, IPod, Swimsuits, Cameras, snorkeling gear
Driving to Bello Mar (pronounced beige-o mar) from the San Juan airport:
•As you leave the airport (or car rental agency) take the A-26 E ramp toward Fajardo/Carolina
•After about 5 miles, stay to the left to exit on A-66 E toward Fajardo.
•After being on 66 for about 3 miles, you will see a toll booth. You will want to set up with your rental car agency to use their toll booth pass because there are two tolls on this road—one where you see the booth ($1.45) and a second one where there is no booth but your license plate is photographed ($0.95). When you have the pass, you can go through any of the “paid” lanes as you approach toll booths on the island.
• After another 7 or so miles, 66 will dead end into PR-3. Take a right (east) toward Fajardo, Rio Grande/Luquillo
•Travel about 6 miles on PR-3 E watching for the following markers:
oAround the first mile, you’ll see the turn off to the Gran Melia/Coco Beach Resort (good to remember if you opt for golfing, going to the spa or dining at this 5-star resort!) You will also begin to see kilometer markings in the center median. These will be important to follow.
oAround mile 5, you’ll see the turnoff to Rio Mar (on the left) and El Yunque (on the right) – also important sites for later in your stay.
•After the Rio Mar turnoff, start watching the kilometer signs in the center median very closely. Make sure you are in the left lane by the 33km marker. Take the first left after the 33.3 km sign (the turn is exactly at 33.4 km).
•Follow the road to the left until it dead ends into Calle 1.Turn left and follow the road approximately ¼ mile. The neighborhood is an old fishing village—streets are narrow and families have lived there for decades. The neighbors are all friendly and often hang out in the street. Don’t worry, they don’t speak much English but they are all very nice. Bello Mar is a gated complex on the right. Hopefully, you’ll recognize it from the picture below. There is now a sign on the center (orange panel) of the building that says “Bello Mar.” Pull over at the gate to retrieve the gate opener and keys.
•Just to the left of the gate, you will see mailboxes built into the wall of the fence. There are 3 mailboxes with a combination lock. Mine is the one in the middle. Use your flashlight if arriving after dark. The combination for your visit is 257. Once you have these numbers showing, turn the knob to the right. Inside you will find the gate opener. Take it out and keep it in your car during your visit. There is also a magnetic key holder stuck to the top of the mailbox with keys to our building. Take the keys with you and proceed through the gate to the parking space for unit 306 (close to the center on the left).
•Enter through the center of the building and as you reach the ocean side, turn to the left. Use the keys from the mailbox to enter the first building entrance on the left (one key for each lock)
•Proceed to the third floor. As you reach the landing, the apartment is on the left. The key to the condo is in the lockbox on the door. The combination for your stay is 2573. Once inside, there is a key hanger in the kitchen. There is a second set of keys and a gate opener on the key hanger. The key with the blue ribbon lanyard is to the ocean/pedestrian gates.
•When you check out, leave all keys inside the condo. Since you will need the gate opener to leave, please take it with you and then lock it back in the mailbox. Turn the combination away from 257 to ensure the mailbox is secure.