Our home is close to Rice Like, Port Hope, Cobourg and Peterborough. This beautiful property is ideal for recharging / taking a break from city life. This is a 200-year old house on 10 acres and an apple orchard. Interior spaces are large, each with its own unique style and decor - 2000 square foot patio where you can enjoy the view of the fields, fire pit, BBQ, updated outdood seating, dinning area and the above ground pool. A great retreat for couples, families, big groups, and pets.
We have left the centuries' old charm of the house undisturbed. You will enjoy authentic French provincial decor in most of the house, and a Mexican style kitchen and dining area. The upstairs master bedroom has cathedral ceilings and excellent air flow. A few useful notes to manage expectations: the beauty of the property comes not only from the structure but from its natural surroundings - this is a country home, and that means that we get along with butterflies, bees and another manner of creatures. While we aspire to a high level of cleanliness, this is also a lived-in, breathing home and not a staged, professionally maintained hotel. We are on the well and septic systems. The water is delicous and drinkable, but we ask you to reasonably conserve the water resources and not to use needless chemicals. We also ask you to treat as you would your own home - i.e. if you use a BBQ or dishes, please take care of them. The rest of the cleaning is our job :-).
You will have access to all the areas of the home, as well as the entire property and the sprawling, newly built patio, with the exception of a stand-alone garage structure and a separate in-law unit where we stay during your visit. We have one lovely female dog living with us in a separate in-law suite during your stay - if needed, they are kept entirely away from you. Often we and the dog may be in Toronto or away during the bulk of your stay, in which case we will a local representative to address any immediate needs that arise.
Interakcija s gostima
There will always be someone available in person to address your needs and question. We just ask that you let us know immediately upon checking in if you encounter any issued that you would like addressed. In order to avoid confusion and miscommunication, we encourage a timely and direct communication.
- When inquiring or booking, please count and disclose ALL guests, including children, and their age groups. Any guests over the booked maximum number require a pre-approval and incur an additional charge. Any guests over the stated capacity of 8 must first be cleared with us for your safety and the natural preservation of the property.
- While gatherings and small celebrations are allowed, the parties and events (weddings, large birthday celebrations and events with additional invitees) are not, unless specifically approved by us.
- We are on a well system that is dependent on various environmental factors, so we try to be very mindful of water consumption and the surrounding eco-system.
- You are welcome and encoruaged to enjoy the flora, but to do not pick flowers or fruit without permission in order to avoid damage to the trees - unless you are knowledgable in that field.
- Pets are more than welcome in our home, just be careful not to have them on the bed or furniture.
Ovaj domaćin ima 44 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
We are a professional and international couple, sharing our time between downtown Toronto and our countryside home near Port Hope.
We are both travel enthusiast and enjoy nature, cooking, farming, urban exploration and our dogs.
We are more than happy to open both of our homes to people of different backgrounds, religions, and sexual orientations etc.