Escape to the center of all Rochester has to offer! This private 1-BR in-law suite is close to U of R, RIT, and the airport, yet feels like a woodland getaway. Have a true B&B experience with optional professional licensed massage services & hot tub access! Both Bruce and Ama have been practicing massage therapy for over 20 years. Bruce specializes in injury rehab, and Ama specialize in relaxation.
This private in-law suite makes the perfect home away from home for visiting Rochester on business or pleasure. The natural beauty of Upstate New York is on display at this clean, quiet, cozy home that’s centrally located and convenient to all the area’s major attractions. Every nook of the suite – over the garage of the owners’ charming home -- is full of character.
The eat-in kitchen has a small fridge, a microwave and Electric frying pan for your convenience. There is a Keurig coffee maker, 3 cup coffee press, and a hot water kettle. Coffee and tea selections are offered as well as items for Continental breakfasts. Please note there is NO oven, or stove in this kitchen. With advance notice, we can help with our home kitchen for your use, if we are available during your stay. Just communicate your ideas and we will see what we can do.
You’ll have access to wifi for getting work done or streaming your favorite shows, and there’s a 32” TV with Roku that you’re welcome to use. We do not have cable tv at this time.
The full bath is equipped with both a bath and a shower. There are plenty of fluffy towels and even two cotton terry bathrobes and two fleece bathrobes for your use as well as a blow dryer for hair.
The master bedroom features a comfy queen bed. There is a dressing closet space, suitcase rack and dresser drawers for your use too.
For groups of three or four, we offer a deluxe Aeroflow mattress set up in the living room space. We have either a queen or a twin size we can set up before you arrive. The Aerobeds are 22” high and feel just like a normal bed. Adding one of the beds does impact the use of the living room space, but it certainly is 'doable'. Let us know your ideal sleeping arrangement and we will make it happen!
There’s also a crib available to provide a snug, safe sleep space for a child up to 18mo, and we have a Pack n Play crib as well. A highchair is available upon request if you need.
The private, tree-lined yard, carefully tended gardens, and outdoor fireplace will help you enjoy the outdoor spaces as much as the inside of this cozy hideaway. The spaces are lit by romantic candles and strings of lights in the evenings, creating a Magic you can't reproduce. If you sit quietly, you can catch a glimpse of birds, turkeys, and other wildlife in the yard. And remember, using the hot tub at night under the moon and stars is a slice of Heaven before you slip into a comfortable warm bed.
Please note: We love our Bella dog and she is therapy dog to many of our guests. However, your Pet(s) are not permitted at this time. Thank you for your understanding
You won’t believe the location of this cozy and rural escape — right between the University of Rochester and the Rochester Institute of Technology. Nestled between the Genesee River to the West, the wetlands of Lynch Woods Park on the East, and Genesee Valley Park to the North, you’ll get optimal city access in a country setting. Access to private outdoor hot tub is available to guests but MUST be approved by owner prior to rental term. Free off-street parking for two vehicles is included. The apartment’s private entrance is equipped with a KeyCode lock door for your convenience.
Interakcija s gostima
A Welcome binder will be available upon arrival with our recommendations to several great places to eat and visit during your stay. We also include menus of our favorite takeout restaurants, if you want to stay in for the night. KeyCode lock entry door make arrival and departure a breeze. Owners Ama and Bruce are often at home and accessible right next door, and they and Jenn (guest manager) are always available by phone to answer your questions and address any needs that arise during your stay.
In addition to its unbeatable location, this apartment includes access to some extras not available anywhere else. You are welcome to enjoy our peaceful and private back yard during your stay. With prior permission, it can be arranged for you to enjoy the private hot tub. Also, Ama and Bruce, the owners of the property, are both licensed massage therapists who make their professional services available to guests! As long as timing allows (before 8pm) and no one is using the guest bed in the living room, you can arrange an in-suite professional massage at $80/hour.
Great care has been taken to make sure you feel comfortable during your stay. We have found that the best way to keep the home in beautiful condition is if everyone understands what is expected. Please look over the house rules so there are no surprises. Feel free to contact us with any questions you have about this important information.
1. CHECK-IN: Check-in time on Friday is 6 PM; If you will be arriving later, please let us know in advance so we can arrange for a problem-free arrival. Check-ins on Saturday or Sunday are flexible. Please ask us to set up a time that works best for your arrival.
2. PARKING: For your convenience free parking is available for up to two cars in the driveway, right in front of the garage and main breezeway to the apartment. (Look for the red door).
3. DIRTY SHOE-FREE HOUSE: This is a dirty shoe-free house. Please take off your muddy shoes when indoors so we can keep the dirt and germs outside.
4. SMOKING: The house is SMOKE-FREE. Smoking is allowed outside only, a minimum of 15 feet from entrances. All butts must be completely extinguished and disposed of in a proper receptacle. Evidence of smoking indoors will result in a $150 fee taken from the security deposit. To minimize fire risk, we DON'T allow candles, open flames, or fireworks of any kind.
5. GOOD NEIGHBOR POLICY: QUIET HOURS are from 11:00 pm to 7:00 am. Please be mindful of other residents. Loud parties and large gatherings are NOT allowed. Excessive noise and trespassing onto neighboring properties are strictly prohibited.
6. LINENS: We provide complimentary bed and bath linens for the home’s maximum occupancy. The bed will be prepared with fresh linens prior to arrival; blankets, pillows and comforters are furnished by the Owner. Bedding for air mattress is provided as well. Daily linen services are NOT available.
7. SAFETY: The house is equipped with smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, a fire extinguisher, and a first aid kit. In case of an emergency, please call 911 first and notify us when it is safe to do so.
8. WATER & SEPTIC: The kitchen sink is for water only, there is NO garbage disposal. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the full cost of the repair.
9. KITCHEN: A fire extinguisher can be found under the kitchen sink. APPLIANCES should be used only for their intended use. Use provided cutting boards and DO NOT cut on hard surfaces.
10. HOUSEKEEPING: For little accidents and simple CLEAN UPS, please use the supplies below the kitchen sink.
11. DAMAGES: Renters must leave the property as they found it. In the case that something gets broken, please notify us so that we can arrange for replacement or repair.
12. NO PETS allowed at this time.
13. TRASH & RECYCLABLES: Removal of trash and recyclables within the unit are the sole responsibility of the Guest. Guest shall place trash in green receptacles at the bottom of the backyard stairs. New bags are under the kitchen sink.
15. SNOW REMOVAL: The Homeowner will make every effort to remove snowfall from porch, steps, walkways, and driveway in the evening after each snow event. Access to a shovel and rock salt are available for guests use as needed during light snowfalls.
16. MOST IMPORTANTLY- ENJOY YOUR STAY!
• Please return the house & property to the original condition it was found upon arrival.
• CHECK-OUT: Check-out is no later than 11am on the determined checkout date. If you’d like to request a later check-out time, be sure to contact us to see if it can be arranged.
• KITCHEN- Before you leave, please remove all rubbish, garbage, and waste to the designated outside receptacles. Please no dirty dishes (they attract unwelcome critters).
• LAUNDRY- For all used towels please leave laundry in the bathroom tub.
• KEYS- With key-less entry the door will automatically lock behind you.
We (Ama and Bruce) met in the second season of our lives -- in massage school. We KNEW we were ‘right’ for each other right then. We have been together for 20 years now and are still loving every exciting moment of it! We have both been successfully self-employed and practicing massage since 1996.
Ama grew up in Rochester area and has lived here most of her life. Most of her immediate family still lives here, as do old-time friends. Ama’s first career was Homemaker and Mom, and she still loves creating beauty all around her, whether in artwork, gardens, food, fashion or just plain “listening with love.” We hope you’re able to enjoy her creativity everywhere on the property. To her, “It’s Home. It’s comfort and Beauty in my mind and heart.”
Bruce is a top-notch Fix-It Guy who LOVES a challenge. (He really could have been an engineer.) He owned a farm once, and like Oliver in Green Acres, he met every challenge with eagerness and zest. He still greets challenges like that to this day. Bruce’s family, originally from East Aurora, NY, have moved to Rochester as well. “Now ALL of us live close to one another. As new generations mingle with old, all of us benefit and grow with the Love.”