The Studio is a quirky B&B location in the heart of South- west Cornwall. We have wonderful walks, coastline and several interesting towns nearby, such as Penzance, Truro, Falmouth and St Ives. We specialise in vegetarian and vegan catering.
The Studio is set apart from the main house so guests can be as independent and private as they wish. There are plenty of books and games which guests are welcome to use during their stay.
The Studio is a converted mezzanine barn which is detached from the main cottage, Trelugga. This space has its own small en-suite bathroom and shower downstairs, as well as a sitting area (with a sofa bed) and desk. Upstairs, there is a queen sized double bed, a wardrobe and work space. There are plenty of books, games, art materials and curiosities for you to enjoy during your stay. Please be aware that because the Studio is a converted barn, it can feel quite cold and damp, especially in the winter and springtime. There is heating both upstairs and downstairs and there are plenty of extra blankets stored for people who feel the cold. You may find yourself sharing the space with a few insects and spiders due to the location! So perhaps not one for the faint hearted! Animal and nature lovers please!
Guests are welcome to come over to the main cottage for meals. We provide a simple continental breakfast included in the price (think tea, coffee, toast, cereal) which is included in the price.
Interakcija s gostima
We are happy to provide advice and inspiration for how to spend your time in our corner of Cornwall.
We would appreciate it if guests arrived between 4-7pm and are out of the room by 10am during their stay, returning at 4pm (unless the weather is horrendous!). We would also appreciate it if the guests could leave the key in the door when they go out so we can air out the room whilst you're out and about! This is to help with the dampness of the room! Thank you.
Downstairs in the Studio is a small desk just inside of the door. This is reserved for my mum to do work on so we would appreciate it if you didn't disturb this area! Very occasionally we will have to come in (when you're out!) to do some paperwork at the desk. This does not happen very often and only during the times guests are not around. We will never go upstairs or any further into the room whilst a guest is staying. Thank you for your understanding of this point! Delilah.
- We can cater for all diets but we specialise in vegetarian and vegan food. If you would rather be served non vegetarian/vegan meals then we ask that you inform us before arrival so we can get supplies in as we are a vegetarian/vegan family.
- Our tranquil setting means that we appreciate guests who will enjoy being in a natural and harmonious setting.
- We would appreciate it if you turn outside lights off by midnight.
- We offer many books for guests to read during their stay but please do not take them with you by mistake.
- We have a number of lawn and board games which you are welcome to use but please tidy them away after use.
- We are lucky to have beautiful beaches and coves surrounding us, but would ask that you remove sandy items of clothes and shoes before going inside.
- We would appreciate it if guests do not bring food stuffs (except dry snacks) into the bedroom area.
- We have a pond where you can observe plenty of wildlife such as swallows and newts, but would ask that you do not venture too near as it is a lined pond and paddling in it may rip the lining!
We have a kitchen where you will be invited for meals (either just breakfast but also evening meals if you so wish) but as this is our family kitchen and it is quite small we do not allow guests to cook their own food in the kitchen. There is an electric kettle in the apartment and we can provide an assortment of teas and milk.
I live in a beautiful area of South West Cornwall with my parents, Nick and Deborah and our collection of pets! I enjoy being outside, either walking my dogs, planting and tending my vegetable garden or being on the beach! My interests include books, art, knitting, crochet and other crafts and traveling.