You are booking a bedroom and private full bath on the first floor of our single family, Cape-style home. Dresser, closet with full-length mirror, luggage rack and hangers for storage. Shampoo, conditioner, soap, fresh towels, hairdryer and other essentials are provided. With your request please tell us a bit about yourself, the name your guest (if any), and what brings you to the area. Thanks for looking at our listing!
Our home is traditional of New England and was built in the 1930's. It is sunny, bright, very clean and uncluttered with hardwood floors and lots of natural light. The bedroom is small but comfortable with a double bed, dresser, closet and hangers. It is the only bedroom on the first floor, which allows for privacy- the private bath is 10' away. There is space to spread out in the dining room or the porch if desired for work. In warmer weather our back yard is quiet and relaxing.
You are welcome to share the refrigerator and kitchen for snacks and beverages, but please don't expect to use the kitchen to prepare a large meal. In addition to the private bed/bathroom, guests are welcome to enjoy the sunroom and gardens.
Interakcija s gostima
We enjoy Airbnb hosting! We are happy to hang out and chat with our guests if we are available, but always adjust our interaction with you to your level of comfort. If you prefer privacy, we are respectful and check in only to make sure you are having a good stay.
Because we are semi-retired, we are home much of the time, and are always available by text should you have any questions or need something. We do plan to be home for your arrival in order to show you around and answer any questions.
We have lived in the area for 30 years and are happy to make suggestions of restaurants or things to do. We do ask that you read and agree to our house rules and are respectful of our home, property and neighbors, keeping in mind that this is where we live.
We take pride in being welcoming to all and will treat you as we like to be treated as guests.
Our 3 friendly indoor cats will want to check you out, then will most likely ignore you unless you choose to interact. They are not allowed to sleep in the guest room unless invited.
There is a green 3-ring binder in the bedside cabinet in your room where wifi access information is located as well as suggestions of area restaurants and sightseeing. Ironing board and iron are available for use- just ask.
- Before booking, please have your profile completed (with a clear photo of your face) so we know of who will be staying with us. Feel free to check ours out to get an idea of who we are. *Requests to book will not be accepted without completed profile, photo and full name of both guests*
- No third party bookings or additional guests
- Please remember that you are a guest in our home - we appreciate it if you turn off lights/air-conditioning when not in the room, quiet time 10pm-6am
- We don't allow smoking and/or vaping in the house or anywhere on the property
- No illegal or illicit use of internet during your stay
- For environmental reasons, fresh towels will be provided every third day.
- Please note check-in is between 3-9pm. We may be able to accommodate early or late arrivals, but it's not guaranteed so please check before booking. *Please let us know your arrival time at least 24 hours prior to arriving - we like to be here to check you in * Thank you.
My husband Joe and I are semi-retired professionals who enjoy meeting new people. We have lived in the area for 30 years. We are happy to help and serve as resources but also respect your privacy.
We take pride in providing a very clean, comfortable and relaxing place to stay. We want to make your time with us special and hope that you will feel like you are in a home away from home.
Joe enjoys woodworking, crosswords, music (especially bob dylan), football and projects around the house. He works part time at a craft beer shop and is happy to share his knowledge. I like to spend time in garden, knitting or quilting. I'm an animal lover whose passions include: yoga, social justice, the environment/nature, reading and all things hand made.
Please be sure to have your profile completed with a clear photo of your face before you request to book with us- especially if you are new to Airbnb and without reviews- thank you!!!