My place located behind the lovely Marcus Garvey Park is close to EVERYTHING you need, the neighborhood is magnetic! You will be super close to every major subway and bus. NO TAXI EVER NEEDED! The #2/3 train to Times Square is just 1 block. World Famous Sylvia's, Red Rooster Harlem, Apollo Theater, Central Park, all a few blocks away. The apartment is also a 10 min walk to 4/5/6/-Grand Central Station, A train-JFK Airport and mid-town, 2 min. walk to M60 to LAG Airport. Metro North @125th St.
Bright, spacious, comfortable and cozy private bedroom in owner occupied stylish two bedroom apartment with full size bed, desk, chair, bookshelf, cable TV, WiFi, mirror and spacious double door closet with shelves. The kitchen is fully equipped and the bathroom is shared. SPECIAL OFFER for 2 FEMALE GUEST ONLY @ $105 a night!
You have access to the kitchen, kitchen bar, and bathroom.
Interakcija s gostima
I have lived in Harlem over 10 years and know the community very well. I am also a lover of the arts and will gladly provide advice and tips on how to maximize your stay! I am a real social butterfly and love engaging with new people. You can contact me anytime for food suggestions or travel directions, on NYC's easily accessible public transportation system.
This room is ideal for FEMALE GUESTS ONLY, PRICE SPECIAL (2 female guest @ $105 per night)!!! *Also, your GOV'T ID must be listed as a verification with airbnb. Additional guest must provide me with a gov't photo ID copy prior to booking confirmation so that I know who in addition is staying in my home.
There is a smoke free policy and quiet time 9pm-9am.
Cleanliness is a must especially in shared areas. My goal is to offer you the best safe, fun and clean stay in town! There is no maid service provided, and I kindly ask that you clean up behind yourself and wash all dishes/kitchenware after each use. NO FOOD or garbage containing food left open in the room POLICY. Used Towels can be placed in hamper provided in your room.
- ELECTRICITY: To keep cost down I kindly ask that you switch off lights and the A/C when it's not in use or leaving the house.
- SECURITY: To ensure full safety of your belongings, I like to keep the front door locked as a precautionary measure. Whilst being one of the safest areas of town, I want to ensure every guest stay remains problem free, so please lock door when leaving the apartment.
- CLEANLINESS: During your stay and prior to leaving, I kindly ask that each guest clean and put away dishes, glasses and utensils after use. You have access to the kitchen bar and/or dining table for your meals. With the exception of snacks like nuts or nutritional bars, NO FOOD is permitted in the room. Bathroom cleanliness must be maintained as well. Place dirty towels and sheets in the hamper provided in your room. It helps me get through the cleaning process quicker and allows me to keep a low charge cleaning costs for you and future guests.
- NO ILLEGAL DRUGS: In apartment or illegal actions.
- GUEST ACCESS: You will have access to the kitchen that has the following: Refrigerator, Microwave, Toaster Oven, Stove, Coffee Maker, Blender, Juicer. Access to fresh and clean bathroom. -Wifi (Internet) - TV/Cable - Air Conditioner
- INTERACTION WITH GUESTS: I am available and more than happy to assist you with directions and share my favorite hotspots in Harlem , and throughout the city.
- NEIGHBORHOOD: Historical Harlem is vibrant and rich with culture. A plethora of restaurants with sidewalk seating, bars and shops! The apartment is centrally located in the heart of Harlem. Conveniently near all public transportation including major subway (metro) on 125th Street: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, A, B, C and D trains! The apartment is one block from the 125th Street Express 2 or 3 trains to Times Square in 10 minutes!
- HARLEM RESTAURANTS: Red Rooster Harlem-- excellent food, atmosphere and live music! World Famous Sylvia's-- Southern Style Soul Food--Harlem Shake--burgers, hotdogs and shakes, Chiwalli--Indian Cuisine, Babbalucci--Italian with entrees and pizza made in wood fired ovens, Yuza--Japanese Sushi, Bvld Bistro--comfort food, Corner Social--food and drink (late night eating) and DJ, Harlem Tavern--beer garden, Vinateria-- South American cuisine, Maison Harlem--French cuisine. I have personally worked in several of these great restaurants, so you will be sure to get the "inside scoop" from me.
- HARLEM SHOPS (centrally located on 125th Street, near apartment!) H&M, American Apparel, Gap, Old Navy,Banana Republic, Marshalls Dept. Store, DSW Designer Shoe Warehouse, M.A.C. Cosmetics, Aerosols, and tons of boutique and shops! I l
- LOCAL PARKS: Central Park, Marcus Garvey Park (1/2 block from the apartment), Saint Nicholas Park, Morningside Park, Riverbank State Park
- GROCERY STORE: (If you prefer to cook at home) Wild Olive Market, Fairway Market, Pioneer and Whole Foods coming early 2016.
- HARLEM LANDMARKS: Apollo Theater, Cotton Club, Studio Museum of Harlem, Shomburg Museum, National Black Theater, Duke Ellington Circle, Hooper Fountain, Museo del Barrio, La Marqueta (the market)
- OTHER THINGS TO NOTE: The building is in a safe location and family oriented. Planet Fitness/ Yoga Studios/ CVS Pharmacy/ Rite Aid Pharmacy/ Banks / Post Office (all on 125th Street) and nearby Nail and Hair Salons/ Laundry/Dry Cleaning 3 blocks away if you need .
I am a professional singer, actress and loving mom. I love meeting and interacting with people of all walks of life. I have worked in my neighborhood in the hospitality industry and know the community very well. I love to shop, dine, attend theater and films. My favorite Museum is the MOMA and Picasso is one of my favorite artists! I have traveled to different countries and am absolutely crazy about Paris. Greece and Morocco are next on my list.