My place is close to mountains, waterfall, fjords, the ocean . You’ll love my place because of Siberia is a unique building in Iceland, situated in Hvalfjörður, based on a design all the way from Siberia. The house has a spectacular view of the ocean with mountains all around. Short drive from there is Laxá, a famous salmon river. Take a left up the main road and find Glimur, Icelands highest waterfall. If you need some groceries find Kaffi Kjós close to Meðalfell. You’ll love the ambiance.
Welcome to our special and unique house called Siberia. It was opened in 2008 as a cultural centre for Iceland and Sakha-Yakutia, an independent republic in the russian federation, placed in the middle of the wast Siberia, where my mother was born. She married my father and moved to Iceland 50 years ago. The story of the house is that originally my mother got a small summerhouse in a container from the government of Sakha-Yakutia in 2003. She decided that it was too small and tripled the size. The design comes from her home country and the slanted walls and wood construction are typical of houses in her region. My mother is an artist, singer and actress and indeed some of her art is on the walls. When the house was opened it was intended to be available for artist, actors and musicians and many have enjoyed the special atmosphere and beautiful location. This summer we decided to make it available for tourists as well. The house is situated in Kjós, Hvalfyrði. A beautiful fjord about 45 minutes from Reykjavík, surrounded by graceful mountains and the sea. The house it self has a spectacular view of the ocean with mountains all around. It has one double bed and two other beds so it sleeps 4. A kitchen and a big fireplace and all necessities. Nearby is the ocean and one of the oldest harbour in Iceland, Maríuhöfn. Short drive from there is Laxá or Salmon river. It´s one of the most popular rivers to go fly fishing in. Or take a left and find the tallest waterfall in Iceland, Glimur. If you need some groceries, a burger or cup of coffee, take a right, pass Laxá and then take a left to Meðalfell and find Kaffi Kjós. We hope you have a pleasant stay in Iceland and we look forward to having you.
Instructions and rules of conduct.
• The house is rented with furniture, kitchen equipment and other necessities. The house is open and bright, with a fireplace in the living room and sleeps up to 4 people.
• Please note that this is a non smokers-house, smoking is prohibited indoors.
There is a fire extinguisher next to the kitchen sink, to the right.
• The tenant is fully responsible for the residence and all the equipment of the house during the rental period, and undertakes to make good losses, which may be by him or those who are staying at his house by the term of the lease. In the event something is continuing to report it immediately to the office of (URL HIDDEN) telephone: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) or the caretaker Jon, tel: (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
• The tenant must provide wood for the fireplace if you want to use it. The wood outside is private property.
Please keep the front door closed as mice are likely to seize the opportunity and visit.
• Use a fireplace with utmost caution. Remember to open the air channel for the fireplace on the right side of the fireplace, the handle pointing up, vertically.
• You may not have a pet in the house. It is not without reason that pets are prohibited where many people have allergies reside.
• Tenants should arrive around 16.00 hr. and leave no later than 13.00 hr.
Note, there is no television nor Internet access is in the region.
• Tenants do the dishes and take off covers, sheets and place them in a binge with used towels. Leave the residence and environment for the next tenant in perfect condition. Outdoor shoes should be left in the lobby.
• Hot water for the shower: As soon as you come to the house, you have to raise the temperature of the water heater in the bathroom half way up to maximum (E), do not go higher, it can be dangerous. Always try to take a short shower so hot water lasts.
Remember to lower the temperature of the water heater down to "min" ... at departure.
• If heat is not sufficient in-house turn up the temperature of the power with a thermostat on the wall next to the green painting witch is next to the fireplace, do not go higher than 20 °. Electric radiators are under the beds in the living room.
• You can contact farmers in the Lower - during an emergency, they Kristjan Oddsson and Dóra Ruf, phone with them is (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)
• Do not leave food in the cupboards or fridge.
• Adjust the heat switch in the room at 5 ° C
• Lower the temperature on the water heater in the bath down the "min" ...
• Make sure all windows are closed and shut the front door well behind you. Lift the handel of the front door to be able to lock it.
• Close the gate.
• Put garbage in the large garbage container on the road leading to the main road.
Visitors are kindly asked to write their names in the guestbook with some info about the stay.
Have a nice stay and trip home and drive carefully.