Beautiful LAKEFRONT Chalet on 2.8 acres on Watauga Lake. Gorgeous views of the lake and mountains from every part of the house. Walk down the steps in total privacy to your secluded cove (with only one neighbor)- jump in the 3rd cleanest lake in the country! Paddle kayaks from your private dock to fish, view a bald eagles nest or explore 105 miles of national forest.
Pets considered: $50 per pet fee, please inquire.
1. Smoking is allowed outside only.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest. Guests are not allowed to exceed the occupancy limit agreed to above.
3. Guests should not create excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors.
4. Owners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, canoe or kayak. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises and boats or others whom they invite to use the premise and boats.
5. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order, only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed. No pets are allowed on the furniture at any time. Pets must be clean and dry before entering the house. All pet waste must be picked up at check out. Any infraction of these or other pet damage will be deducted from the rental deposit at the owners discretion.
7. Parking: Parking is limited to parking area and driveway. Parking on the road is not permitted.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the unit.
9. The wood stove is for Homeowner use only. The Guest party is not permitted to use the wood stove unless in the case of a power outage and no other heat is available. In that case, contact the owner immediately before lighting the wood stove.
10. Water and Septic: The chalet is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to the cost of repair.
11. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms.
12. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. The road and driveway is flat as easily accessible, however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
13. While the damage deposit is intended to protect the Homeowner in case of minor damage, neglect, or excessive cleaning, Guest is responsible for the entire cost of any damage to the property and boats.
14. Guest must leave the entire premises in good condition, broom clean, and surfaces wiped. Guest will clean range, refrigerator, and remove all personal items from bathrooms, closets, and cupboards. The refrigerator must be emptied and all trash placed in outside trash bins. Check out is promptly at 11am. Check out after 11am is not permitted without express prior permission. Delay in check out will result in $50/half hour fee deducted from the rental deposit at the owners discretion.
15. Internet use is permitted up to 300MB per day. An data use in excess of 300MB/day may be deducted from the damage deposit.
As an Asheville, North Carolina native, I love all things outdoors, great food, and craft beer. I am an avid cyclist turned crossfitter. We have 3 dogs and two cats, and love to get the dogs into the woods as much as possible. We always gravitate to home rentals for our vacations extensively throughout the US and Europe, as we love the personal touch and non-touristy feel. Therefore, we know what makes a good vacation rental! I am an avid foodie, and appreciate a little luxury as the years go by!