Experience the serenity in our converted workers' quarters on our organic cattle farm. Easily accessible, scrupulously clean, fully self-contained two-bedroom cabin. Ten minutes from Eungella village, between the national park and state forest, close to walking tracks, bird-watching and more.
Take a bottle of wine to one of our dams at dusk and watch our resident platypus population frolic. Wake up to farm eggs and fruit from our orchard for your breakfast. We can't wait to meet you!
Our cabin is perfect for you if:
- You want to experience the beauty and quiet of the Mackay Highlands. Drive 10 minutes from Eungella village, through the Eungella national park, where we're on the top of hill, with gorgeous views over our farm, national park and Crediton state forest. Extensive hiking, including the Great Walk, isn't far away.
- Your family or friends are camping at the Diggings, but you think it is camping if there isn't room service. The Diggings is at the end of our road, but our cabin has hot water showers and a flushing toilet.
- You're a bird-watcher eager to bag a Eungella Honeyeater. One of the most reliable locations for seeing the little guys is along our road. You can also catch things like Regent Bower Birds, Channel-billed Cuckoos, Scarlet Honeyeaters, Pacific Bazzas, Emerald Fruit Doves and the mighty Wedge-tail Eagle.
- You're an avid mountain biker interested in trying the local trails. The Mackay Mountain Marathon goes past our front gate, so you know you're close to some good riding. We have space for bike servicing, washdown and secure storage.
- You've never seen a platypus in the wild. Not only are we a 10 minute drive to Broken River, one of the best places in the world to view platypus, we actually have our own platypus in our dams, and a few minutes sitting quietly at dusk usually reveals them.
- You're interested in organic grazing and farming. We raise our cattle without chemicals, and they come when they're called! We also have chickens, goats, and an extensive orchard that includes bananas, avocados, custard apple, oranges, grapefruit, tangellos, mandarins, lemons, dragon fruit, mulberries and lychee.
Our cabin is fully self-contained. It has large windows with lots of light, and is snug for those foggy or windy nights. It has a large living area with dining table and a cute pot-belly stove. There are kitchen facilities, with a fridge, stove-top, toaster oven, kettle and more, perfect for cooking up some farm-fresh eggs for breakfast. There are two bedrooms, with a queen bed in one, two king singles in the other. The small bathroom has a toilet and shower.
Just outside the cabin is a firepit with benches, perfect for cosy evening conversation, looking out over the vistas.
Our cabin has drive up access and copious room for parking. During your stay, you're welcome to roam our 400 acres, exploring our paddocks, creeks, waterfalls and forests, and wildlife viewing or splashing in our dams. Some of our cows might even approach you for a pat.
Interakcija s gostima
Our cabin is quite separate from the main house, providing privacy and quiet. Just come up to the house if you need any help or pointers about great things to do in the area.