This one-of-a-kind apartment is situated on the 2nd floor of a duplex built in 1880! If you love exposed brick, 136-year old wood floors & fireplaces, this is the place for you ; ) Comfortably sleeps 1-6+ guests. Please check out our downstairs sister listing!
Columbus Convention Center- 1.3 mi
Goodale Park- 1.4 mi
OSU Stadium- 2 mi
Downtown- all areas of interest are within 2.2 mi radius
Schottenstein Center- 2.3 mi
Ohio Expo Center/ Fairgrounds/Maphre Crew Stadium- 2.5 mi
This second-floor apartment has central A/C, an open kitchen, dining & living area complete with WIFI & Cable TV, and plenty of seating. There are two large bedrooms: Front bedroom has 1 queen bed and the second bedroom has 2 queen beds. Each bedroom has plenty of closet space and shelving for your storage needs. The bedrooms are relatively large and can easily fit a pack-n-play if needed. Newly renovated bathroom has a large shower (no bath tub) and double sinks. Plenty of towels, washcloths, a hair dryer, and shampoo/conditioner/body wash are provided.
In Summary, sleeps 1-6+ guests:
• 1 bedroom w/ 1 queen bed, 1 bedroom w/ 2 queen beds, 1 queen air mattress, 1 full-size futon
• Open floor plan with kitchen, dining, and living room
• Open Kitchen- Large refrigerator/freezer, microwave, gas stove/oven, pots/pans, cooking & eating utensils, plates, etc.
• New bathroom w/ double sink and large shower (no bathtub)
• WIFI (5 GHZ) and cable TV
• Central A/C
• Washer/Dryer, available in basement (unfinished space, very 1880s dungeon-like)
• Private 2nd floor deck area, shared fire pit with seating, and a fenced-in backyard
• Public street parking only (see Getting Around Section for parking details).
Please note there is exterior video surveillance- registered, paying overnight guests only.
Please check out our other listings (found under our profile) located nearby!
You will have access to the entire 2nd floor apartment and private backyard which is shared with the lower Airbnb apartment (called Eclectic 1880s). Garage is not included (see Getting Around Section for parking details).
Hours of Access:
Check-in is 3 p.m.
Checkout is 11 a.m.
Interakcija s gostima
We are available to guests by email, phone, or text. We know our neighborhood very well (!) and care about our community- let us know when you need something or have questions!
• Housekeeping service is per stay, not per night. Additional cleaning visits can be arranged for longer stays if needed. Visits must be paid in advance and are non-refundable if visits are cancelled. Please inquire when booking.
• Pack n Play, high chair, and/or Queen air bed available upon request- please let us know your needs prior so we can prepare all the necessary items.
• Noise must be keep to a minimum, this is one of two units.
• There is no handicap access. There are two steps to enter the front of the house.
• Guests with allergies and related medical issues and/or sensitivities- cleanliness is one of our top priorities, however we cannot 100% guarantee that the apartment is free of pet dander, cigarette smoke, air fresheners/cleaning product scents, or any other elements that may trigger a medical problem or sensitivity. Please note we cannot issue refunds due to the reasons above.
Please note that all rules stem from previous experience & are enforced:
• Check-in is 3 p.m.
• Checkout is 11 A.M.
• Throw away all excessive garbage in any large green exterior trash cans located in the rear alley. Excessive garbage is anything that does not fit into the kitchen and/or bedroom garbage cans.
• If the apartment is left trashed (beyond normal use), we will request some or all of the security deposit. In other words, treat this home with respect.
• No parties, strictly enforced. You will be asked to leave, no refunds.
• All guests must be paying registered guests. No additional guests allowed without prior written consent of the homeowner.
• Any evidence or smell of cigarette, marijuana, etc. will be AUTOMATIC loss of deposit. No burning of anything in the apartment to include candles, incense, etc.
• No confetti or glitter inside. Cleanup is additional $25 fee.
• Damaged/stained towels- $10 replacement fee per towel. Please note that foundation makeup does not come off the white towels.
• Any parking fines/towing is at the expense of the vehicle owner
• Lock all apartment doors and windows upon leaving.
• If you move large furniture, move it back where you found it upon departure.
• Homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises of this property or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that Guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they may invite, with Homeowners consent, to use the premise.
• Any evidence of damage caused by Guests will result in additional charges to Guest, depending on the extent of damage. The Homeowner reserves the right to assess damage and charge Guest as needed.
My wife Ingrid and I met in Japan, moved to Columbus in 2009, and have been loving it ever since! We are both experienced travelers (25+ countries on 5 continents between us) & love renovating historic homes.
We know quite a lot about Short North entertainment & food establishments- there is so much to do here, feel free to ask!
Our life motto- Live like someone left the gate open!