This is the perfect house for a quick weekend out of the city or for hosting a retreat, reunion or gathering. We are 50 minutes from Portland (or a 5 hour bike ride along the Columbia River Gorge Historic Highway), 30 minutes from Hood River and 5 minutes from Stevenson in the heart of the Columbia River Gorge National Scenic Area. Our 28 acres are scenic and secluded while the house is designed to be cozy for 2 and yet spacious enough for a group.
The house was designed to expand and contract with the number of people staying. The first floor has a living space with a TV and a cozy pellet stove, 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a laundry room. The second floor houses the kitchen and dining plus another living space and bathroom. Also, access to the deck with a hot tub, another dining space, sitting area and barbeque. The third floor is another bedroom. So, 2 people can stay comfortably on the top two floors and a bigger group can utilize the whole house.
The whole house.
Interakcija s gostima
We are not in the area but are reachable any time by phone.
- Drive carefully on the roads above Skamania Lodge. There are often deer and coyotes crossing the road.
- The house is shoe free. There is a tiled entry with a shoe rack for shoe storage.
- Out of respect for the neighbors, quiet hours are from 9pm until 8am
- Dogs are allowed but please keep them clean and attended. If you must leave them, use the kennel that is provided.
- Please strip any beds that are used and leave the sheets and cases by the door. Any towels that you use, include in this linen mountain.
- If you need to cleanup a mess made while you are staying there are cleaning supplies under the kitchen sink. Brooms and a mop are in the laundry room. When you are checking out make sure the slept in beds are stripped, the range, lights and televisions are turned off, the dishwasher is loaded but not running, garbage is in the bin under the deck, the windows and doors are shut and locked, and the gate is locked on your way to the road.
- The gorge is a windy place and the power can go out. There are some solar LED lanterns in the window where the plates and cups are stored. Both heat sources and the hot water are electric so if you feel that the remainder of your stay will be compromised, you can check out and we will happily refund you the remaining day(s) that are on your reservation.
- The TV's have Netflix and Hulu for you to log into. The internet is not secured. No password. The router is on the ground floor at the bottom of the stairs in the cabinet if you need to reset it.
-There will be snow during the winter. It is lovely and all but the road up is steep and often not well plowed. Bring chains or traction tires and be careful.