Our home is close to Arnold which is located in the Sierra's Ebbetts Pass, the most pristine pass in the Sierras. Highway 4 going Northeast "up the mountain" takes you to Big Trees State Park which is just 5 miles from our home. You’ll love our home because of the fantastic sunset views over the meadow, and the outdoor ambiance in all seasons. We have a large hot tub and fire pit and are only 2 blocks from our private lake and sand beach, picnic area, and a great baseball field.
Get ready for a great experience…….our mountain home, “Ainokea”, is waiting for you! Fresh air; the smell of Pine and Cedar; and the best drinking water in California. A special place for relaxation. We have a unique home that will ensure your privacy, yet we will be close enough to make sure your stay is enjoyable.
We have two separate “wings” in our home, we live in the smaller wing separated by different entries. The main wing, where you will stay, is 3 floors. The main floor has 2 queen bedrooms, a full bathroom, well equipped kitchen, dining room and living room with wood burning fire place. There are flat screen TV’s in the living room and bedrooms.
The upper floor is the master bedroom with a king size bed and flat screen TV; a double sink full bathroom; and a lounge area with desk
The lower level has a queen size bedroom; full double sink bathroom; a large recreation room with two drop down double beds; a flat screen TV; and “Mike’s Man Cave” with poker table and flat screen TV. All beds in the home have memory foam mattresses.
Then, you have instant access to two large decks; a brick patio; gas barbecue; a large hot tub and fire pit (daily use fee applies to hot tub and fire pit – see House Rules). And, to ensure there will be no interruption of your stay, we have an automatic standby generator capable of running the entire home. There is WIFI throughout the home.
We would love to host you, your family and friends. Please read the House Rules carefully to understand which portion of the home applies to your planned rental. Contact us through Airbnb with any questions you may have and we will respond quickly. We look forward to your visit!
Private entry to the entire main wing. Car parking will be in the lower driveway or in front of the home. The upper driveway is for owner use only.
Interakcija s gostima
Most likely, we will be home in our private wing. We will be happy to greet you and provide reasonable assistance with your needs. We know this area very well and can advise you with local area attractions.
Cell phone reception in the Arnold area is "limited to none" for AT&T,
T-Mobil and Sprint. Verizon has excellent reception. Pinebrook common areas have free WIFI and our home has WIFI. In the event your cell phone does not have service in this area, you will have free access to our phones at no charge, for domestic calls only.
Ainokea House Rules & Rental Rate Structure
The home will only be rented to one rental group for specified rental dates, regardless of the space of the home that is rented. Any exceptions will be communicated to renter prior to acceptance of the reservation.
1. The “Cleaning Fee” of $75.00 included in the automatically calculated rates, is the cleaning fee applicable to the Main Floor of the home only, which includes 2 Queen Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, 1 Laundry Room, Kitchen, Dining Room and Living Room. This cleaning fee does not include cleaning of the Upper King Bedroom and Bathroom, or the Lower Floor Queen Bedroom, 2 Full Wall-beds and Bathroom.
2. The one-time additional cleaning fee for the Upper Floor King Bedroom and Bathroom is $30.00
3. The one-time additional cleaning fee for the Lower Floor Queen Bedroom, 2 Full Wall-beds and Bathroom is $45.00.
4. Living Room Fire Place Free wood, subject to renter filling the deck wood bin from our wood shed, or a $15.00 fee for the owners having to fill the deck wood bin.
5. Hot Tub Daily Use Fee $20.00, includes towels, Temp 102° Fixed.
6. Fire Pit Daily Use Fee $15.00, includes wood, subject to wood being replaced from our wood shed by the renter.
7. Any extra charges are to be settled in cash or check prior to departure.
8. The use of the home is limited to the number of persons, up to 10, that are present in the home at any one time. If you need to plan for a large family gathering including additional non-rental guests, the owners will consider special requests and the rate for home use may change depending on the total number of guests in the home and on the property at any one time.
9. Our home has an automatic standby generator capable of providing enough electricity to operate the entire home. However, in the event of a power failure, only use the electricity that you absolutely need and do not use the “oven” and “dryer” at the same time.
10. We live in a very high utility rate area and your cooperation is required to conserve heat and lights as if the home was your own.
11. Quiet Hours in our community are from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM. Out of courtesy to our neighbors, playing of loud music on decks and patios is not allowed.
12. The owners live in a separate wing of the home isolated by locked doors. There is an intercom system that can be used to communicate with the owners. The owners will be on the property during you stay and will be available to respond to any questions and to remedy any problems that may arise.
We are in very active retirement. We have 5 children, 6 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren. Marilyn is a graduate of San Diego State University and was a school teacher. Mike had careers in printing, metal fabrication, and management consulting.
We look forward to our visits with family & friends. We love being out doors and entertaining on the decks and patios surrounding our home. Most of our cooking is done outside in one of our 3 barbecue and grill areas. From May through October, most of our dining is outside in our 5 deck and patio dining areas.
We enjoy gardening, photography, genealogy & family research, boating, snowmobiling and picnics. We have traveled and have had many great experiences throughout the world.
We are active in our local community of "Pinebrook" and throughout our 44 years of residence have built solid relationships with our neighbors and the community as a whole.