Clean, cosy & charming rooms in the heart of East Village: a combination of vintage /antique accents ( lace, art, lamps, mirrors) and modern furnishings, it is a perfect haven for women travelers! You’ll also love my place because of the ambiance of the neighbourhood and its proximity to grocery stores, restaurants, coffee shops, craft beers, bakeries, gifts, a major pharmacy and public transport. It is also around the corner from tennis courts, a running track and a public swimming pool.
- - The house is a safe place for women travellers.
-- The ceilings are short (6’ 6”) so if you are a taller person, you may find the top door casings a challenge.
- - Check-in is at 4 PM but if later, will have to arrange time.
Check- out is at 12 PM
- - Remove shoes on carpeted areas
- - Try to be quiet, especially after midnight (ie: don’t slam doors)
(You may occasionally hear foot steps upstairs)
---Please avoid use of strong perfumes and scents
- - Visitors are welcome only when you're in the suite
- - Only registered guests may stay overnight
- - You are 21 years old or older!
- - When leaving the house, remember to lock the door
- - You can park in my driveway. Street Parking is free in our block but Vancouver Street and Traffic bylaw states that you cannot park your vehicle for more than 3 hours between 8 am & 6 pm in front of residential properties that you do not own; that is, you can safely park in our block only between 6:01 PM & 10:59 AM or for 3 hours at a time in one spot between 8 AM & 6 PM. Otherwise you may be ticketed and/or towed. In short, street parking is OK but only for a short time and it would be best to park in the driveway--it is right beside the back door.
I am an original Vancouverite, with a life-long passion for this city & have lived on Vancouver's East side for decades. I have hosted /toured International students for years & have also experienced being a traveller innumerable times myself so can appreciate both the major things and the small comforts that make for a positive & memorable stay. I have many interests (including getting to know people, cooking, gardening, ukulele, singing, Natural health, Martial Arts etc.) I am a semi-retired Registered Massage Therapist. Other folks (including my adult daughter) sometimes live upstairs too along with 13 year old Aiko, a small living stuffie (actually she is ¾ Bichon & ¼ Shih Tsu).