This is a very private setting in a wonderful neighborhood that's close to many great local spots. From house, it's a 12-15 minute drive to downtown, without using the highway. Come restore in the forest, head to the coast for a day trip, and dine in PDX.
Easy Intel/Nike access.
REGULAR CHECK IN: After 3pm Sat/Sun; After 5:30pm M-F; up until 8:30pm
Vacationing guests may stay a week or less. If you're interested in a 1-4 month furnished rental (traveling nurse, etc.) - NOV-FEB - contact me.
- Neighborhood and House Quiet Hours 10pm-8am
- Parking is specific, because we're on a narrow, private road - When I send driving directions, I will include details about where to park. Please turn around and park only where instructed. Vehicle size: small SUV or smaller, please. There is only one parking spot for your use on my road.
- This is a shoe-free space, so please leave your shoes near the door. Bring socks/slippers, if you'd like. Definitely no heels in the space or on the staircase, please. Mahalo.
- Please treat the space as if it's your own. I will give some specifics about the butcher block countertops and the engineered teak floors when you arrive; basically, keeping floors and counters dry and using coasters is necessary.
- ***NEW RULE*** No more preparing bacon in the space, and no pan frying meats. The smells fill our entire home and linger for the next guests.
- Please note the Airbnb requirement of being 18 or older to book; Please note the legal drinking age, and abide by that on the property.
- No smoking on property includes marijuana, as the house is in a forest, and I don't want to take any chances. No drug use of any kind on property. On that, the property includes our private road.
- Apartment washer/dryer hours: Mornings- start after 8am; Evenings- finish by 8pm (they are nice-Bosch, but noisy)
- If you have questions about the rules, or ways you'd like to use the space (friends over, etc.), please ask before booking; otherwise, the space is for those who book only.
- No unregistered guests, please.
- Please communicate your needs, as it will help me make sure you're enjoying your stay.
I enjoy sunsets, yoga, hiking, biking, beaches, building projects, design, and travel. I've been a high school teacher since 1998, and a yoga teacher since 2000.
I care about your adventure/business trip/whatever brings you here. I am excited to help you plan, or to simply let you in and leave you on your own, or anywhere in between.
I appreciate effective communication, so if you have a need, or if something isn't what you expected, please let me know, and I'll do my best to accommodate your request(s). If you really like or appreciate something, I enjoy hearing that information, too.