Our host was Candice for this property. She was aware of the condition and greeted us at the door. It has many "amenities" including a surprise live reptile living in the basement! It came without notice; food, water or care instructions. For added adventure, It's heat lamp actually caught fire while my 12 year old nephew was in the room!
Nothing can replace the treasured memory of repulsion as sex toys were found in the master bedroom dresser by my 14 year old daughter attempting to unpack her suitcase. Joy did prevail that day as my Brother was able to repair the two clogged bath tub drains, broken refrigerator temp control, and bbq grill...sadly rotted toilet base and broken garage door were outside his vacation repair service.
Amidst the bare light bulb lamps, trash under the beds, closets full of someone's clothes, dirty dishes in cupboard, food left in pots and pans stowed in stove, old make-up, personal care items including dirty razors, prescription medications in easy reach, leftover chocolate Easter Bunnies in broken bedroom cabinet, and the sweet odor of an over flowing dumpster of full of someone else's trash leading into the garage/back patio entrance my long awaited reunion with my Brother and Sister and our respective families went off without a hitch.
Please pass on a special message to Candice from me. "A good man or woman will be honest no matter how painful the truth is. A coward hides behind lies and deceit." -Author unknown
You could have done the right thing and been honest about the condition of this property. I would've come early to clean it and make it habitable for my family. I've never felt so embarrassed in my life. My family including 5month old infant, at this place trapped here 800 miles from home for 4 days. You knew the gravity of our circumstances due to my lengthy messages prior to booking with you. With all my additional texts messages, you knew this was the once in a life time opportunity to reunite after 8 years absence...myself, Sister, Brother, and all nieces and nephews. The first chance to bond with family they have not been able to experience or meet. Due to my brothers to combat duty, being stationed with family overseas and subsequent wounded warrior status, recovery from those injuries has taken until now to be able to travel to out to our family home of SE Idaho for a larger gathering of Generations of family for reunion whom also lived in the area and would be visiting us at the property. Shame on you, and remember you can't lie to your soul.
(Thank you neighbors for permitting us to use your trash cans.)