Our little log cabin offers a grand panoramic Denali mountain view. We are located close to fishing creeks, hiking trails, ski trails, and just a short drive to Downtown Main Street Talkeetna. We are situated in a central location between Anchorage and Denali National Park, which makes our place in Talkeetna the perfect "base camp" for exploration.
Our little guest log cabin is equipped with everything we could think of our guests might need: a little kitchenette with a 2-burner propane stove and little oven compartment, quality pots, pans and kitchen utensils, a bathroom with toilet, shower and towels, bedding and blankets, porch chairs, a charcoal grill and charcoal... Because of our off-grid location, the cabin does not have a an electric fridge, but we have an ice box and reusable ice packs to keep your groceries and drinks cool. We have a wildflower garden, raspberry and currant bushes. You can enjoy sitting on the benches in front of the guest cabin, make a small camp fire (unless the fire danger is high), or grill some food on the provided charcoal grill. We use solar power on sunny days, and a generator as backup. Electricity is provided via a battery bank. Most guests don't even notice that they are in an off-grid location until we tell them. :-) The cabin sits between our two log homes (where we live year round), so it is not a "remote" place. Yet it still feels private, because there is nothing to obstruct the view, view, view.
You will have to have your own (rental) car to visit and stay with us. In the wintertime when snow (and sometimes ice) covers the roads, it is a good idea to have an all-wheel drive car or a 4x4. Please follow the provided WRITTEN directions to our place, because sometimes, GPS or the maps App are not reliable in many parts of Alaska. If you follow our written directions you won't get lost. :-) If you do need additional help finding us, please call or use the AirBnB App to communicate.
Interakcija s gostima
Let us know if you have questions, or if you should need anything that isn't yet provided in the cabin. We are here to help you with Alaska travel ideas, and we are happy to share our way of life and stories with you. You can find us right next door in case you seek company, have a question, or need help. If you are unhappy about something, please let us know right away instead of perhaps writing a negative review; most issues can be helped. We want you to be happy travelers on your Alaska trip.
We have a very friendly and happy Golden Retriever dog named Summit. She may visit your guest cabin's deck and will ask for belly rubs. Please don't let her enter the guest cabin.
Sorry that we don't have Instant Booking turned ON here on AirBnB. That little extra step helps us avoid double bookings, as we receive bookings from different sources. Please know that we welcome guests from all over the world: Any skin color, religion, sexual orientation... every FRIENDLY traveler is welcome here at My Alaska Cabin in Talkeetna! We are looking forward to meeting you, as we have welcomed guests from all over the world since 2005. — Your host Rainer, plus daughter Debbie (who helps take care of the "tricky online stuff") and family (2 kids and husband Christian). We are a 3-generation property.
- Check-in time: 3 PM (or no later than 9 pm, unless otherwise discussed)
- Check-out time: 11 AM
- Price is based on a 2-person occupancy. Additional guests: plus $32 each.
- Maximum 4 guests allowed. No additional visitors allowed.
- Please treat the cabin, our property, and our family including the dog with kindness and respect. Thank you!
- Kindly take shoes off inside the cabin.
- Please use perfume or mosquito spray outside of the cabin to respect the sense of smell of following guests, and to protect the hardwood floors from damage of Deet in bug spray.
- Please keep the shower curtain inside the shower, so water does not drip onto the hardwood floor.
- If you want to use the sleeper sofa instead of the comfy beds upstairs, please let us know. We will then provide bed sheets to cover and protect the couch.
- During winter months, please keep the bathroom door cracked open about 12 inches yet away from the heater.
- Sorry, no pets allowed. Please don't let our loving dog Summit inside the cabin either, out of respect for those guests who suffer from pet hair allergies.
- No smoking inside the cabin.
- If you need anything or if something in the cabin stopped working as it should, please let us know right away instead of later in a perhaps a negative review. Most issues can be fixed. We are here to help. :-) We want you to be happy travelers.
Hello! My name is Rainer. I live in Talkeetna, Alaska together with my daughter Debbie, her husband, and their two kids. We are a "3-generation property". I welcome our guests, and my daughter helps me with the bookings. Since 2005, I am your host at My Alaska Cabin, which is a little log cabin we rent out to travelers from around the world. Our guest cabin offers an unobstructed, panoramic view of Denali and the Alaska Range. We love our community of Talkeetna, Alaska — it's a unique and quirky town with friendly and heart-warming people. Let us show you what Talkeetna hospitality is all about.