I rented this apartment for a week-long stay with three other people.
The location is in a very nice area of Munich, right beside the Englischer Garten. The apartment itself is spacious and well-illuminated, and both the double and the sofa-bed are comfortable. The kitchen is small, although serviceable enough. However, there were a few aspects that made our stay less positive than what it should have been:
- We were greeted by the host’s cleaning lady (Danijel was on holiday), but she didn’t know much about the things in the flat (i.e.: she didn’t know if there were pillows and a duvet for the sofa bed, space to leave our clothes, etc.)
- We weren’t provided with a second set of keys (although we repeatedly asked for them). This was a real problem for us, since we were four and planning on doing separate activities on some of our days in Munich.
- The space we had available to store our clothes during our stay was ridiculous: just 3 (out of 8) small compartments of a cupboard (the rest of them as well as the wardrobe and all the other pieces of furniture used for storage were fully occupied by the host's clothes and stuff). Bearing in mind that we were four, this was (and proved to be) clearly insufficient. The bathroom was also full of other people’s stuff.
- The fridge (and freezer), already small in size, had food from either the host or previous guests, leaving very little space for ours.
- We also found that there were dirty clothes in the laundry basket, a situation not ideal hygienically, which left us with no space for our own dirty clothes.
- The day previous to our departure, we informed our host that we would be leaving his apartment around 17:00, to which he agreed. However, the cleaning lady turned up the next day at 14:00 expecting the place to be empty – she hadn't been informed that we would be checking out at a later time. Since she lived far away and couldn’t come back again to clean once we had left, she asked us for our permission to start the washing of the used linen (both ours and the ones from previous guests) and we also agreed to help her in hanging, even that last laundry, out to dry so that her trip hadn’t been in vain. Once again, this was an uncomfortable situation that could have been very easily avoided.
In summary: for a week-long stay of 4 people, all this was very inconvenient and quite disappointing. Danijel’s place would be a nice apartment to spend a week in Munich - however, our experience is that the conditions in which he rents it fail to meet reasonable expectations.