Set on 2 acres in the Stockbridge hamlet of Glendale, the house is just a short walk to the Norman Rockwell Museum, Chesterwood House and Botanical Gardens, and 2 1/2 miles to the Red Lion Inn. All rooms have hardwood floors (many contain the original floors) except the bathroom floors which are tiled. We remodeled both bathrooms with a 'vintage modern' aesthetic and furnished the rooms with a mix of antiques and contemporary pieces.
Some more details on the house configuration:
3 bedrooms +den
- 1st floor master bedroom with king bed open to dressing area (guests have used dressing area for young ones in our pak n play)
- 2nd floor sage/white bedroom with full bed
- 2nd floor khaki/red bedroom that can be configured as a king or 2 twins
- 1st floor den with daybed can be made up as a twin bed. Underneath is a twin trundle that stays low-to-the-floor. There is no door, just a privacy curtain, and it is right off the kitchen
2 Bathrooms: We remodeled both in a "vintage modern" style
- 1st floor: This is somewhat en suite - when you open the back door in the kitchen, you look into the dressing room of the mbr pictured on the website; the bathroom is located of a small hall to the right. We typically use this bathroom as a communal bathroom until folks retire to the mbr because it is off the dressing area open to the bedroom. It only has a shower, no tub.
- 2nd floor: It has a tub/shower combination.
The first floor of the house is on slightly different levels given additions that have been made over time. As a result, there is:
- one step up into the kitchen from the LR
- one step down from the kitchen to den
- three steps down from the dressing area into the mbr (you can get a sense from the picture on the website - the bookcase is in the dressing area)
Also, there is no door at the top of the stairs to the second floor, and it is not possible to use a safety gate on the stairs, just in doorways to bedrooms. Therefore, the upstairs bedrooms might not be suitable for younger children.
We have lovingly restored and decorated our home; please treat it as if it were your own. Please contact us if you should encounter a problem or have any questions and we will try our best to address it promptly.
I currently live in Boston and and have a vacation home in the Berkshires that I share with guests. My father grew up in Williamstown, so it was extra special to make the Berkshires our spot for family and friend getaways. I love to travel, enjoy the outdoors, meet new people, and indulge in tasty meals - like many folks who use Airbnb!