Only an hour and 15 minutes from downtown Chicago, let our historic cabin be your peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle. The cabin offers a quiet, wooded setting on an acre lot and is a short, flat 8 minute (.4 miles) walk to the town's deeded, private beach. 2 bed, 2 bath, 3 queen, 1 king bed, each in separate rooms. All beach necessities included - chairs, cooler, wagon, umbrella, inflatable tubes. Large fenced in yard, two patios, and a back deck.
Michiana Shores was first developed in the 1930's for summer vacationers, our home is one of the original cabins, but has all the amenities of a modern home (like air conditioning!).
The home comfortably sleeps eight people and is a great size for two couples, a small group of friends, or for a family with children. We are only accepting week-long rentals in July and August, start and end days are flexible. Renters must be over the age of 25.
- one bedroom with a queen bed
- sun room with queen size futon with 11" mattress and sliding doors that close for privacy as needed
- combined dining and living area with vaulted ceilings, expandable dining table to seat 8
- TV (limited cable channels), Apple TV, stereo with record player
- queen size pull out sofa bed
- one bathroom with a bathtub and shower
- deck off the sun room
Kitchen has nearly everything you'd need to cook to your hearts desire:
(in addition to the basics)
- koozies (a must for the beach!)
- cooler and ice packs for picnics/beach
- basic condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayo, a few salad dressings)
- pour over single-cup filters, 10-cup Chemex, French Press, grinder, drop coffeemaker
- hand mixer
- up a winding staircase to the spacious master bedroom
- king size bed
- second bathroom with shower
- desk with wide screen monitor (no computer)
- deck off the sunroom
- fenced in back yard
- upper and lower patio
- frequent visits from deer
- this is a woodsy area, please don't judge us by our weeds!
- tennis courts just around the corner
- 6 beach chairs, 1 kids chair, and wagon provided
- pack n' play
- pop-up high chair
- kids dish and utensils
- a small set of toys
- only organic, naturally occurring pesticides and herbicides are used (hence the weeds)
- eco-friendly cleaning products and fragrance-free detergents
- non-toxic cedar-concentrate is applied outside the home to reduce bugs (and actually works!)
- eco-friendly bug spray and sunscreen is provided
Bath towels, beach towels and linens are provided.
There will be no access to a washer/dryer, the barn or the garden shed.
Interakcija s gostima
Myself and my boyfriend will be available by phone or email during your stay.
A few caveats! PLEASE READ!
One bedroom in the home is only accessible by a spiral staircase and may not be appropriate for the young or old that have trouble with stairs.
Although we do NOT allow renters to bring pets (sorry Fido), we have had our own dogs in the home when we use it. The home may not be enjoyable for people with pet allergies!
This home is surrounded by woods - people that are allergic to nature, take note. Allergy drugs are recommended.
The indoor fireplace is pretty but is not functional.
No smoking or vaping in or near the home, must smoke on the street and completely put out butts (help prevent forest fires!)
Absolutely no fireworks (also for fire prevention)
Owners not liable for accidents, injuries, illness or theft.
No additional overnight guests other than those listed in the reservation.
Only toilet paper can be flushed down the toilet, the home is on a septic system. No chemicals down the drain.