Five miles to river rafting and kayaking--Zoar Outdoor and Crab Apple, zip-lines Zoar and Berkshire East, skiing, hiking and (mountain and road)biking (races too). This area offers music venues and festivals (Greenfield River 16m, and FreshGrass at MAMoca 26m ) theatre (Double Edge), area places of interest- Falls Bridge of Flowers and the Glacial potholes, the Heath Fair--to name just a few of the many.
- This house is not set up for those who have issues with height or open spaces. This isn't really a space for young children (the levels and lofts create a lot of open space) or those who can't manage stairs easily as guests must be able to climb the many stairs/stairways easily and without assistance. The bathroom is functional, though not pretty as it's being renovated.
- The guest space consists of two levels, one a sitting/suitcase area, the one above that is the sleeping area (double bed). Kidney-shaped stairs provide access to both levels and thought is required to get up or down on the right foot, so to say. :-)
- For the most part the guest 'tower' is private--though there are no doors, and the bathroom is on one of the main floors and may (rarely) be shared by owner.
- Depending on my social calendar/obligations, guests might be welcomed to spend time on the large deck or in the garden/yard if they choose or use the rustic outdoor shower (yup, hot water).
- Though I have a collection of oil lamps, the use of candles or burning lamp of any sort is NOT permitted.