Welcome to my home in the heart of the Gorge! You're walking distance from the sandbar, the Klickitat Trailhead, wine tasting and more. Enjoy the views, explore the great outdoors, you're minutes from world-class kiting, kayaking, hiking, and fishing - or visit one of our local wineries, breweries, cider makers. Relax in sleepy Lyle or in just 15 mins you can be in Hood River for a night on the town!
Furry friends (well-behaved dogs) are welcome.
Enjoy a view of the Gorge from the kitchen, bedrooms and deck of this home. I stay here part-time so my kitchen is well equipped for home cooking.
This rental is for the MAIN Floors only of the house.
DOWNSTAIRS: is a separate basement apartment for rent.
The SHARED laundry facilities are located downstairs. Please be respectful of the belongings of others. The back yard / garden is also shared space. Please note, I like to travel with my dog, and know how daunting that can be so I allow dogs to stay. Please be advised that even if you don't have a dog, there might be a furry friend in the yard - deer like to come hang out too. Don't worry they are more scared of you ;)
If fruit is in season, please feel free to sample cherries, plums, grapes, etc!
Interakcija s gostima
I live here part time so I may be there during your stay, but even if I'm not around I am only a text away and will leave you in capable hands. Please feel free to call or text anytime.
Please treat my home as you would your own and leave it as you found it.
TIP: Store the house keys in the lockbox when you embark on outdoor adventures. It's an easy way to ensure you don't leave them on a mountain top or at the bottom of the river ;)
Bookings longer than a week and stays with Pets may require a higher security deposit and higher cleaning fee.
PETS: Dogs are welcome, but please discuss the possibility of pets prior to booking, including size, type and number of pets.
Your Dog should be spayed / neutered and well socialized. If not fixed or does not like to socialize, it may not be a deal breaker, but no off-leash privileges, you will be required to please keep your pet leashed and supervised in the yard.
You are responsible for POO-PATROL. Please pick up after your dog. The landscaper comes on Fridays so if you could make sure the yard is picked up prior that would be great!
Please no digging and destructive behavior. There are little spades in the back yard. If your dog is digging, please mitigate the damage.
NO FLEAS please, only dogs who are flea-treated!
All linens and rugs are laundered between guests, but fleas can be difficult to eradicate.
I have small - medium sized dog beds and crates available upon request.
GARBAGE: This is more for longer term guests - There is a glass recycling bin on the front porch, as well as a general recycling bin. The regular garbage can is at the end of the walkway by the driveway/ upper deck. If you have stinky remnants from cleaning meat or fish - PLEASE tightly tie up in a separate garbage bag before tossing or it will get really smelly really fast in the hot Gorge weather.
SAFETY: You can rest secure knowing that among my neighbors are a state trooper, a sheriff's deputy and a fireman - so you are surrounded by people who will be looking out for you! If you are looking for a party house, this is not the house for you. Respectful renters only, please. If you violate this rule, believe me, my neighbors will let me know!
Speaking of neighbors, if you love yard sales and rummaging for antiques, the "cluttered" home on the corner of Tacoma and Klickitat Hwy despite appearances, belongs to a nice family. Robbie works for a realty company, clearing out foreclosed homes, which often come with all sorts of "treasures." Robbie will be happy to show off his finds- make him an offer!
- It can get sandy and dusty here in the summer. There are racks by the front door and side/deck door for shoes.
- There are also a stack of old towels in the little rack by the deck door for wiping dirty paws ;)
--Please turn off the lights whenever leaving the home and lock all doors and windows.
- Please do not run the air conditioning with the windows/doors open. Gorge summers are HOT. The air conditioning will be set to auto (on) when you arrive. If you're like me and prefer to enjoy the fresh air, there is often enough gorge breeze to cool down the house without the air conditioning. Also, please try opening windows at night instead of running the air conditioning. When windows and doors are open, PLEASE turn the Temp control to OFF. Despite the proximately to numerous dams the electricity costs here are crazy expensive, more than I pay in SF.
- PLEASE remember to turn off BBQ grill AND close tank after grilling just to be sure there's fuel for your next use.
--Please be considerate with noise as there are downstairs neighbors. Quiet "indoor voice" hours are from 10pm to 8am weekends and 11pm to 9am on weekends.
--The house has old plumbing. Please do not flush anything besides toilet paper or it will back up the toilets!
--The house is non-smoking. Smoking is allowed in the backyard only and cigarette butts must be disposed of properly.
- Discuss before inviting others to visit. No more than the number of persons on the rental agreement are allowed in the home without my written consent. Also, no parties allowed without prior written consent. Breaking either of these rules is a cause for the full loss of security deposit, immediate eviction from the property and no refund on the remaining nights.
--Must be age 25+ to rent.
--Any excessive messiness upon checkout may result in additional housecleaning fee from your security deposit. Please load dishes in dishwasher.
--Please treat the home with respect as if it were your own.
Ovaj domaćin ima 30 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I'm a local, born and raised in the beautiful Gorge. I now live in San Francisco, but if you come to visit you'll see why it's hard to leave. My Lyle home is where I plan to retire one day. I fell in love with this house, especially the back garden. I love growing my own veggies and picking fresh fruit from the trees, the view of the sandbar is a bonus! I hope you love it as much as I do.