Bright open–space living & dining area with a cozy wood burning fireplace. Furnished 2 bedroom cottage,1 queen and 2 double beds, and bathroom with walk-in shower. Our kitchen comes stored with dishes, cookware and appliances. The fireplace is a cozy accessory for those crisp winter days. The large 300 sq. ft. deck is the perfect place to relax on the deck chairs and enjoy the beautiful sunsets and views of spectacular Whaler Bay. There's also a propane BBQ so you can grill up your summer faves.
• Check-in time is 3PM.
• No parties or events
• No smoking
1. Smoking is NOT allowed on the property.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The homeowners are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and the Pet Addendum must be completed.
7. PARKING – Parking is limited to 3 vehicle(s). Vehicles are to be parked in designated parking areas only. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. HOUSEKEEPING: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
10. FIREPLACE: The fireplace is a wood burning fire. Please do not throw any garbage in the fireplace other than paper, newspaper or cardboard. Please leave wood supply stocked as it was found under the fireplace. Additional wood can be found in the boatshed next to the house. Fireplaces are not to be used when fire risk is high usually from June to September, the fireplace will not be available for use during this time. Visit (URL HIDDEN) for current fire risk.
11. BBQ: We have provided a propane BBQ for your enjoyment please use due care when using. Additional propane tanks are stored in the boatshed beside the cottage. Under no circumstances should the BBQ be brought inside.
12. WATER AND SEPTIC: The property is on a well and septic systems. The mineral content in the water is high. During a drought, the well water may have an odor. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to $500.
WATER SUPPLY: Please note that during the hot summer months due care to water usage is required. Please keep showers short and don't let taps run unneccessarily. Galiano Island along with the rest of the gulf islands are in a constant state of drought.
14. HEATING AND HOT WATER: An electric furnace is the primary method of heating in the cottage, with wall-mounted thermostat located in the main living area. A comfortable temperature is around 20 degrees Celsius in the wintertime.
As cottage rentals can be arranged at the last minute and can also be sporadic in the off-season, we usually have the hot water and heat turned off. Upon your arrival turn them both on, the hot water switch is located in the main bedroom in the electric breaker panel.
15. STORMS/INCLEMENT WEATHER: No refunds will be given for weather cancellations/delays. It is advisable to purchase travel insurance for this reason and in the event of ferry cancellations.
16. GARBAGE & RECYCLING: There are two garbage cans, used individually for garbage & recycling and are marked accordingly. Please make sure lids are tightly closed, so our other curious local residents don't get tempted.
Please note there is no landfill on Galiano Island, therefore all garbage accumulated during your rental must be taken off the island with you or a $25.00 disposal fee will be deducted from your deposit. You can lighten the load at The Recycling Depot & Redirectory, located on Sturdies Bay Road across from The Galiano Trading Company (Fridays and Saturdays, 10am to 2pm).
17. SECURITY: Please close and lock all windows and doors if you are leaving the property or checking out, this will ensure security of your personal items as well as ours. Failure to do so will result in loss of your damage deposit in full.
18. AGE: minimum age of “Guest" must be 21 years of age
19. NOISE: Whilst we want you to have fun, please act with courtesy as we do have neighbors and sound travels well across the water. Turn voices and music down in the evenings and keep music at a reasonable volume throughout the day.
20. WATERCRAFT: Cottage watercraft are NOT to be used by guests, we are unable to provide usage due to insurance and liability reasons
DEPARTURE DAY CLEANING CHECKLIST & LOCKING UP
The cleaning fee is covered in your total rental cost, however to avoid any additional charges we strongly suggest that you complete this short checklist prior to departure, to ensure you will not be charged for extra cleaning hours.
Please leave used towels in the bathtub
Please clean BBQ grates after use and turn off propane
Empty used coffee grounds from coffee maker
Wash, dry & put away all dishes
Put outdoor cushions back inside the closet
Empty indoor garbage
Please turn heating down to approx 10 degrees at thermostat
Please make sure all windows and doors are closed and locked upon departure.
General checkout is at 10:00 am on your departure date, unless otherwise arranged with the owners
Od 16. Lipanj 2018. - 15. Rujan 2018. minimalni boravak je 7 noćenja.