Come relax and explore Shenandoah in our new cabin! Our cabin is great for quiet romantic get-a-ways, adventures, and family/friend get-togethers. There is quite a bit of exploring to do in this part of the country, and plenty of wineries/ breweries, and antique shops to visit.
*We highly advise you arrive during daylight. It is very dark at night and GPS isn't 100% spot on finding our place. We do provide typed instructions, but we have had people have trouble. We are not on a main road. We are on an unpaved road.
* If you are planning to come during cold weather season, please know we use a wood stove as the primary heat source for the cabin..If you are not comfortable loading and starting the fire and using the venting for it, you may not want to book....We really advise if you have not used a wood stove, please do not book with us...We have space heaters but it is way too costly to use these to heat the cabin for days at a time.
* There is a gas grill. There are paper towels, TP, plates, dish soap, trash bags, etc. It is stocked like a second home, because it is our second home.
* Once you book, I will email you a cabin info sheet that has directions, more detailed info, and a few things to do in the area.
- IMPORTANT! You need to bring your own sheets. We tried having the cleaning lady do it. It takes too long and we can not keep the cleaning fee low if we include sheets. We will provide bathing towels, hand towels, washcloths, and kitchen towels. There are blankets, comforters, and pillows. You just need to bring sheets. If you are flying in and can not feasibly bring sheets, let us know.
- This is our personal get-a-way cabin. Please treat it with respect, as you would your own home. You will need to bring your own drinks and food. The cabin does have condiments, water, and all cooking supplies you need. Food is left there since we use it. We can not guarantee there will be food for your visit so stock up on your way.
- There is a Walmart 20 miles away. There is a Food Lion 12 miles away. There is a small corner store about 5 miles away that basically has all essentials (toiletries and food), in case you forgot something.
- Our cell phones do not work at the cabin. If you have an iphone and connect to the wifi you will get imessages. When you are leaving the cabin and get up onto the ridge (about a minute or two drive) you will have reception.
- There is plenty to do and see in the area. There are wineries, breweries, antique shops, caverns, Massanutten Resort, Bryce Resort, hiking, Skyline Drive, festivals and fairs, Dinosaur Land, Harper's Ferry, and plenty other activities you can look up. We will be available to answer questions for you when you need.
Hi there, we are Chris and Melissa... We currently/temporarily live in Norfolk VA, but our main home is in Arlington VA... We got married in April 2015 and have been trying to fit in some travelling before settling down and having a family...We like to try new things and are really just up for anything... snorkeling, bowling, hiking, live music, movies, sporting events.... Happy Travels!