This smaller room is all about comfort, convenience and location. Glass-top desk, a chair, and a twin bed in a quiet house. The lake shore, McCormick Center, and IIT are all within an easy walking distance. Cozy good for the small budget travelers.
A quiet, private room on the lowest level of the house, below the ground floor, with a desk, chair, a single bed, and Wifi. It is very basic, with no frills. Just a solid, cozy place to stay.
The shared kitchenette includes a cook top, microwave, waffle iron, a blender, coffee maker and a shared Mini Fridge. We offer a personal, in-house laundry service for $5 a load, (a load is enough to fill a pillowcase).
Interakcija s gostima
On the day of your arrival, you will receive an entry code combination to the front door, and detailed check-in instructions when the room is ready. Typically, check in is anytime after 5:00PM but we will do our best to check you in earlier if you request it. There is no space for storing bags, so we cannot hold your bags while you are seeing the town. I recommend leaving your bags at a hotel concierge until you're ready to check in. Unfortunately, we just have no room to store them before your room is ready.
Please send all communications via airbnb site so that I can know who you are and which room you're in when we’re communicating. After arriving, if you need more immediate assistance, you can call or text the House Manager, whose number will be provided after your arrival.
This single room is very small, but in a great house, that's also in a great location. We have free parking on the street, right outside the house, and a peaceful, friendly vibe here. The room is on the lower level where the laundry is done, so you might hear the machines being operated at times. This situation is perfect for the guest on a smaller budget, who just needs a place to rest their head.
Broj dozvole ili registarski broj
Saznaj više o ovom broju
We're looking forward to meeting you! Our easy-to-follow House Rules are posted in each room for easy reference:
1. Upon checking in, please use clean linen from the green basket to make your bed. When checking out, put your used linen in the blue basket.
2. Store your towels in your room, on the racks behind your door. If using a shared bathroom, please take your personal items with you after using it.
3. Remove your trash from your room and place in the trash bin through the rear basement door. Use the white bin in your room for garbage, and the black bin for recycling.
4. Please return the iron and ironing board to the 2nd floor hallway closet when you are finished using them.
5. If you would like a load of laundry washed, you may leave a pillowcase full of your personal laundry outside of your door, to be washed by the house manager. The cost is $5 per load. Otherwise, the washer/dryer is for staff use only.
6. There is no cost to wash bedding and used towels during your stay. Just place those in a pillowcase outside your door as well, if you need those changed while you're staying with us.
7. Put your name on any items you store in the shared refrigerator.
8. Please clean up after yourself, especially in the kitchen, as there is no housekeeping or janitor here.
9. Kindly turn off the lights when you leave your room.
10. Be careful not to lose your room key, as there is a $30 fee for replacing all the locks, which will be deducted from your Airbnb deposit.
11. Always keep the front door to the house locked for everyone's safety.
12. Quiet hours in the house are from 10pm - 8am. Please be respectful of your neighbors, they may be studying, relaxing, or sleeping.
13. Upon checking out, please leave the room just as you found it. Please take sheets off the bed, and place in pillowcase with used towels. Put this outside your room before leaving, along with any bagged garbage.
14. The house manager, Sharon, is available by text or phone call, from 8am to 9pm only, unless of an absolute emergency.
Thank you for visiting us. We hope you enjoy your stay!
Ovaj domaćin ima 695 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I'm very proud of our very nice Zen Mansion in the historic Bronzeville neighborhood. It is near the University of Chicago, IIT, McCormick Place, and all trains, buses, are also within a 5 minute walk.. Parking is free on the street, directly outside of the house. We enjoy making visitors feel comfortable, welcome and confident about traveling around Chicago.
The Mansion was purchased in 2008 and has undergone a complete rehab. We've made our house comfortable for academics and professionals. The location of the house is only one train stop away from the city center and a short walk to the lakefront.
The rooms are perfectly functional and comfortable. Our purpose is to be the best value in Chicago for comfort and convenience.
We intend to be the best value on Airbnb. The rooms are very generous in size at 22' long X 16' wide. They function very well as a suites for sleeping, working or lounging in privacy. Each room has a queen bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, sofa, love seat, chaise lounge, and relaxing art work. Bedding and towels are all included.
This location is safe, with the nearest police station just two blocks away, and we are central to all trains and buses. We are quietly the best kept secret in Chicago and we intend to make sure you have an enjoyable stay. Namaste.