A timber beach cottage style home, only a 5 min walk to the beach in a quiet and friendly neighbourhood. Relax on the deck and watch the children play in the pool. Read a book or enjoy the free wi-fi in the hammock or hanging chair. Enjoy the coastal breezes. Have a BBQ or cook up a feast in the well equipped kitchen whilst enjoying the view of the pool and garden. Take a dip in the sparkling saltwater pool. Early check ins or late check outs often available. Just ask:-)
This large tropical beach cottage style home has 4 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, 2 living areas, a study and a lovely saltwater pool. It is fully air-conditioned for the Summer months, or you can open the place right up and enjoy the lovely coastal breezes . It has stunning timber wraparound decks at the front and rear of the home. It is very private and secure. Fully fenced front and back yards. Lots of lawn area for children and/or pets to play.
Enjoy a BBQ on the back deck overlooking the sparkling fully fenced saltwater pool. There is a children' s swing set in the front yard. There are children's toys and books available for guests use. There is a range of pool and beach toys. There is a cot, high chair, children's bikes and a stroller for guests travelling with young children. This property can cater for a large family or a group of friends. It is also pet friendly if your pet has good manners.
Enjoy a soak in the deep claw foot bath. All linen and towels are provided, even pool towels. You will also be provided with basic provisions such as toilet paper, soap, body wash, dishwashing detergent, tea, coffee etc. enough to cover at least 2 days of your stay. There are even umbrellas provided for those rainy days during our wet season. Lovely to go for a walk in the rain and still be warm!
It is a short 5 minute stroll to the glorious golden sands of Kewarra Beach, where there is a children's playground, BBQ's, covered tables, off leash area for walking dogs, and best of all a beach shack right on the beach where you can enjoy a glass of wine or some wood fired pizza on a Friday and Saturday night. There is also a fine dining restaurant at the Kewarra Beach Resort.
A 1 minute drive from the house, there is a local IGA which sells the basic necessities. A butcher/deli which sells coffees and gourmet breads. A medical centre and pharmacy, Liqourland and a fish and chip and pizza shop are all here too.
There is a supermarket (Coles), butcher and grocers at Clifton Beach just 5 mins from Kewarra Beach by car or just 10 mins away is Smithfield shopping centre, which has all the major shops.
For the price of a hotel room in Cairns, you can have a whole house by the beach instead.
This well positioned holiday home is an ideal spot to explore the region. Twenty minutes from Cairns airport and city centre. Cairns and all the regions attractions are all within an easy drive from Kewarra Beach Cottage. Attractions such as the Great Barrier Reef, Port Douglas and the Daintree Rainforest are all within an easy drive. Enjoy swimming, sailing, kayaking to nearby islands, fishing at Cairns beaches or seeing the crocodiles leap up out of the water at Hartley's Crocodile Farm. There is also the train to Kuranda, the Skyrail, Tjapukai, Go Kart track and Cable Skiing all within 10 minutes drive from Kewarra Beach.
Last but not least, the lovely Trinity Beach is only a 5 minute drive away, so too is Palm Cove where you will find numerous places to dine.
You will be able to access all areas of the house. You will have the entire property to yourself.
Interakcija s gostima
I live a 20 min drive away from Kewarra Beach and will be happy to meet with you and give you some insider knowledge about the area. There will also be a folder inside the home with lots of information about where to find the best coffee, best pizza, best beach etc etc. You will have the place to yourselves and it is very private. The locals are friendly and will be happy to chat if you feel so inclined.
The place is not suitable for parties as it is in a quiet residential area. No smoking allowed inside the house. Smoking is allowed outside and ashtrays are provided. No glass inside pool area.
1. Please treat my property with the care you would treat your own home. It is a timber home so one needs to be a little careful not to get water on the floor. Please use the outdoor shower and dry off before entering the home, especially after trips to the beach.
2. Please do not smoke inside the home. Ashtrays will be provided for outdoor use only.
3. Please clean up after your dog if you bring one.
4. Please do not allow children to put stones in pool. If they do, please remove them from pool.
5. The premises are to be vacated by 10am on the day of departure (unless prior arrangements are made with me).
6. The number of people occupying the premises is not to exceed 10.
7. As the property is located in a quiet residential area, please be mindful of making noise outside after 10pm. This is likely to upset the neighbours.
8. If guests require an additional change of sheets and towels during the week, an extra fee will be charged.
9. Breakages and losses to the property are to be reported to the owner and paid for immediately. We reserve the right to charge for damaged or missing items where applicable.
10. Pets are only permitted on or about the premises with prior written approval. Pets are not allowed on beds or couches.
11. Always lock the premises when leaving. The owner takes no responsibility for occupants personal property left on the premises.
12. Please do not retune the television. Please contact the owner if you believe there is a tuning issue.
13. The use of tents, caravans or other similar vehicles as additional accommodation is forbidden on the property. It is forbidden to connect electrical leads and water hoses from the building to any vehicle parked on or adjacent to the property.
14. Please ensure no glass of any kind is used in the vicinity of the pool.
15. Please avoid sitting on furniture in wet bathers or sandy clothing.
16. Please do not move furniture around the house. It may scratch the lovely timber floors.
17. Please ensure shower curtain is inside bath when using main bathroom. Otherwise you will flood the bathroom which will damage the timber floors.
18. Please ensure shower door is closed when using shower in ensuite bathroom, otherwise damage to timber floors will result.
19. Please do not run air-con below 25 degrees and please do not leave air- con running when not in the home. Turning the temp below 25 degrees does not cool the place more, and can lead to damage to the outside motor.
20. On departure, please ensure the property is left tidy, any air-cons are turned off, dishes washed and rubbish and recycling placed in the bins. (Excess cleaning will incur a fee.) Recycling goes in the bin with yellow lid, rubbish in the bin with the green lid.
21. Please freeze prawn scraps, raw meat and fish scraps, wrap and discard in the bin on your last day. GARBAGE SERVICE IS MONDAY NIGHT. Please put bins out on street if you are staying in property on a Monday night.
Thank you for your co-operation and for choosing to stay at Kewarra Beach Cottage By The Sea.
Ovaj domaćin ima 19 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I have lived in Cairns for 7 years now and I love the warm, tropical lifestyle and the friendly locals. I have 2 gorgeous children aged 5 and 8, and we have all enjoyed living in this home for the last year. Now it is time to share this special place with visitors to our region. I enjoy exploring the region on the weekends, and finding the best places to go for coffee, brunch and dinner. I love exploring the many markets in the area and going for a dip at the beach or one of the many beautiful waterfalls in the area. I am happy to give lots of tips on the best places to go. I am also happy to leave you alone to enjoy my lovely home and discover your own special places here.