Our charming 19th-century stone farmhouse is situated on the hillside of Montenoison/ Nièvre with a commanding view of the Burgundy countryside.
Our charming 19th-century stone farmhouse is situated on the hillside of Montenoison (altitude of 415 metres) with a commanding view of the Burgundy countryside. The house offers large airy rooms with oak beams, clay tiles, and tall windows facing south. The cathedral ceiling of the master bedroom is supported by a charpente of interlocking beams (which is a work of art in itself). This house, which comes fully furnished with some nice rustic antiques, is the private residence of an artist couple who are pursuing a long-term work contract in Vienna.
THE HOUSE :
Ground floor :
* Fully equipped kitchen with dishwasher, electric oven, gas stove, double sink, fridge, eating area and all necessary tableware, cutlery and cookware.
* Living room with a wood burning insert fireplace, futon sofa and antique chests and cabinets.
- Pantry with freezer, waching machine, storage and door to garage
- Bathroom with bath/shower, sink and wc
- 1 car garage
Upper floor :
* Master bedroom with double bed, antique wardrobe and library
* Bedroom with 2 single beds, dresser and wardrobe
* Bathroom with bath, shower, sink and wc
* WIFI ACCESS THROUGHOUT THE HOUSE
* Landline with free long distance around the world (to other landlines only)
Water, Electricity, House insurance, Taxes.
WIFI internet connection & Landline
Beddings and towels included
Surrounded by a large, landscaped garden (5000 m2 or more than an acre), this peaceful oasis offers cherry, plum and apple trees in the back and flowers all season round in the front, including strawberry patches, natural herbs and plenty of lavender bushes. The house is situated at the edge of a hamlet, with a forest in back and sloping meadows (with horses) in front. Its calm, natural setting is accessed by a semi-private (paved) road.
Situated between the wine regions of Sancerre and Pouilly-sur-Loire, the promontory town of Montenoison features a classified historical monument at its summit, the cross-vaulted entrance to the ruined château of the Dukes of Burgundy, as well as a tree-lined chapel and panoramic viewing point. The Gallo-Roman remains of Compierre, a Celtic town, are a short drive away, as is the town of Prémery with a farmers’ market, craft shops, pharmacies, banks and supermarket.
Ovaj domaćin ima 12 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I'm the manager of The Vienna Academy of Visionary Art ( and I'd be happy to have people taking good care of my little apartment in Paris and my house in Burgundy while I'm in Vienna :)!