O ovom smještaju
A lovely nest on the top floor of a 5 storey building offering unbeatable views over Athens & the Acropolis! Situated in the classy neighborhood 'Mets', it comfortably fits two and is ideal to explore Athens on foot. The Acropolis museum & Plaka are only 800m walking distance far.
Our studio apartment is very popular. Guests usually book their stay much earlier in advance. If our nest is not available during the dates of your journey, please check also our other listing under our profile ;)
In a nutshell:
• Very central location, stones throw to the heart of the Athenian historic center, but still out of the city's center bustle and hustle.
• Superb views over Athens, the Acropolis, Lycabettus and Filopappou hills.
• Magnificent sunset colors.
• Full of natural light.
• State of the art air-con.
• Inspiring writer's corner. We actually welcomed a theatrical play writer who has spent 6 months writing his play in our place :)
• Recently renovated and fully equipped.
• Free Wi-Fi internet.
• One of Athens' finest neighborhoods, home to artists, actors, writers,
architects. Safe and serene.
• Ideal location to discover Athens on foot. Right next to PLAKA, the old city of Athens.
• Easy public transport access to most areas of Athens (metro,
tram, trolley, bus).
• Various stylish local coffee shops, bars and restaurants.
• Local amenities all within 5' walking distance.
PLEASE NOTE: Our home is on the 5th floor and there is no elevator. We are confident though that the superb views towards the Acropolis hill, the Parthenon monument and the amazing colors during sunset will be rewarding and ever remembered!
We are delighted to offer our very special studio on the 5th floor, a characteristic space in its design, mood and atmosphere. It all depends on the view they say, and it is no wonder that we have hosted creative artists in this space in the past before the Airbnb days. Our cozy nest offers the best views of the Acropolis that we have seen in a flat, a factor that is boosting the creativity and the good vibes of the people that live in it.
In a 32 sq.m. surface area you will benefit from a double bed, fully equipped kitchen, dinning table and a large couch. You can write your diary or email your family & friends whilst comfortably sitting at the laptop friendly desk right next to the big window that runs from one side to the other on the 9m long south wall. The views are absolutely amazing! If you are a photographer make sure to have all your gear with you as the horizon palette can get pretty wild during sunsets.
The Acropolis dominates the landscape on the foreground, but you can also gaze at the Lycabettus and Filopappou hills. Yet, it will be difficult to take your eyes from the Parthenon monument, especially during sunset. The studio has also a balcony with director style chairs and a coffee table under a parasol. The house receives a lot of sunlight throughout the day, so it is very bright and cheerfully optimistic. Our newly installed state of the art air-condition will keep the house cool during the hot summer days.
In a separate room there is a little bathroom with toilet, sink, laundry box and a standing shower cabinet.
• Sleeping area: double bed, bedside lamps & table, large wardrobe, fresh linen & towels.
• Kitchen area: fully equipped with small fridge, kitchenette, french-coffee maker, toaster, boiler, juicer, tea-pot, cutlery, dishes, breakfast stuff, spices and our home-made family produce of cold-pressed virgin olive oil!
• Living room area: dinning table and chairs, sofa, vintage furniture, vintage style Hi-Fi, big laptop friendly desk and chair.
• Balcony: table, chairs, plants, parasol, view.
• Bathroom: toilet, standing shower cabinet, shower-gel & shampoo, candles, first aid kit
• Laundrette (located in the ground floor): washing machine, detergent.
We are going to be there to welcome you and show you around our home when you arrive. On top of that all information regarding Wi-Fi accessibility and house details (i.e. how to heat water) will be provided in a little booklet we will give you upon your arrival. You can use all areas in our home.
Interakcija s gostima
We are very attentive to your messages both on ABB and free messaging apps, so feel free to contact us should you need any help with something.
At the same time, we 'd like to respect your privacy as well as keep track with our busy schedule working full time. For that reason we have included a little booklet - guide with a tailor made selection of places we love (such as restaurants, bars and shops) and would recommend you to visit.
In the booklet you will also find suggestions for things and activities to do during your stay in Athens. We also have a network of friends who run professional agencies that organize one day specialty tours in the center, suburbs and around.
Our schedule is very busy and as we receive a lot of guests we need to organise our timetable well in advance. We do have many back to back bookings which means guests are leaving and arriving the same day. For this reason we kindly ask you to inform us with your arrival time (such as flight landing) and departure time. If for any reason your arrival is delayed (flight/ship cancelled, delayed, other) please do let us know well in advance so that we can arrange our schedule accordingly.
CHECK-IN & CHECK OUT:
Check-out time is 12pm.
Check-in any time after 4pm (applies to same day Arrivals and Departures). We need these 4 hours to clean the house, replace fresh linen and towels as well as restock the fridge with breakfast essentials.
PERSONAL DETAILS (IMPORTANT!):
By Greek law, we, as Airbnb hosts, are required to declare the income we make from renting our house to you, our guests! To do so we need to declare the period of stay, the amount we made and the details of the person who paid us. For this reason we kindly ask our guests to provide us with the following information:
- full name,
- passport #,
- country of issue
- residential address.
We understand this information is sensitive so if you are not confident to pass it over using Airbnb messaging service you can provide it to us upon your arrival.
Thank you for your understanding and helping us maintain a legal business. :)
We would like you to feel as much at home as possible during your stay in our house. To ensure a memorable and enjoyable experience, there are a few basic housekeeping rules that we kindly ask you to remember and follow:
• Please respect our home applying common sense; throw out trash when needed, clean if a mess was made or return furniture to its' original position if you have moved anything around. Simple stuff like that :)
• NO smoking indoors! You can smoke your cigarette outside on the balcony enjoying the majestic views of the Acropolis but please keep the house smoke free!
• Mets is a quiet residential neighborhood characterized by its tranquility. Therefore, we would like our guests to respect our neighbors by keeping the level of noise low, especially during quiet hours (14:30-17:30 and 23:00-08:00).
• Switch it off! Please make sure you will switch off all lights, water boiler, air-con or heating when leaving the house.
• Do not throw anything (papers, sanitary towels, ear buds etc) in the toilet. This is extremely important! Please use the bin provided. If it gets full during your stay, replacement bags can be found under the sink.
• NO pets whatsoever with the exception of guide dogs.
• Mets is considered a super safe neighborhood. However, you are advised to always lock the door when you are heading out.
Otkažete li više od 7 dana prije početka rezervacije, dobit ćete povrat od 50 % iznosa. Otkažete li 7 ili manje dana prije početka rezervacije, nećete dobiti povrat novca.
Ovaj domaćin ima 30 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Hi there! We are a couple from Athens. Spyros is a musician. He also builds a new musical instrument known as the 'handpan'. Nadia is an actress. She also teaches theatrical clown workshops. Spyros is full of energy and fascinated by almost nearly everything. Nadia is the silent steady force and is forever smiling. On a Sunday Spyros will ride 150km on his bicycle to decompress whilst Nadia will relax in the hammock and take beautiful pictures of flowers and sunsets. We admire each other :)
When we are free from performing and rehearsals we do enjoy the great outdoors, cozy nights at home cooking dinner with friends or the occasional cultural night out.
Having the travel bug has led us to many places in and out of Greece. We are thrilled to meet new people, their culture and explore new places. We love exciting our taste sensory buds. Yes, we admit it. We love food and we do have a few suggestions for you.
It will be our pleasure helping you discover Athens - as well as it's hidden secrets - and get a true understanding of the Athenian vibe.