Life as it was in days gone by: This bright and beautiful room has an antique four-poster bed with a new down comforter (not shown in the photo), a reading lamp, a big teacher's desk, its own small refrigerator, and a large armoire that holds a television.
Bed linens and bath towels are provided. You are welcome to share all of the common areas of house with us as well as two or three other people who are renting other rooms in our home. The house has hardwood floors, a wood-burning fireplace in the living room, wonderful Whirlpool Duet washing machine and dryer (with limited hours since we share these with the occupants of our basement apartment), and a fabulous deck overlooking a patio, yard, & garden.
The shared full bathroom has just been renovated. No boring neutral colors here, this is a happy red bathroom that will get your day off to a great start. This bathroom serves two bedrooms on the house's second floor (this room plus Ian's Room.)
While breakfast is not included, there are bagel and coffee shops as well as numerous restaurants within about a 10-minute walk. We invite you to kick back with complimentary morning coffee or tea, or relax after a big day with your own happy hour in our fantastic yard, garden, and patio, with a huge dining deck overlooking it all (you can buy wine and beer at the nearby Giant Foods grocery store, and those items plus spirits at Plain Old Pearson's liquor store.)
Housemates include our indoor/outdoor cat, Blackie, and might include a dog. We don't own any dogs, but we do occasionally board a dog or two whose owners are out of town. If having a dog in the house is a concern for you, please ask me if we will have any dogs staying with us on the dates you need a place.
If you have a car and need parking, we can obtain a parking permit for your car for $15/day. Street parking is available, but like almost all residential areas of Washington, it is zoned for residential parking and if you don't have a resident parking permit, you are limited to parking just two hours on weekdays.
Within about a 10-minute walk, you will find a Giant Foods grocery store (where you can buy a glass of wine or a beer to sip while you are shopping!), numerous restaurants, coffee shops, bars, and pharmacies. You can walk past the Vice President's residence and down Embassy Row to DuPont Circle, or run/walk on the nearby Glover Park trail (no cars or bikes on this trail) and into Georgetown. Washington National Cathedral is 2 blocks away.
Interakcija s gostima
We are usually home in the evenings (unless it's hockey season and the Washington Capitals have a home game...we often go to the home games.) If we are having nice weather, we will probably be enjoying the evening on our deck. We welcome our guests to join us, and often have impromptu gatherings of friends or neighbors, with everyone bringing their beverages of choice.
* Laundry room access is limited to the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., with hours subject to change (changes will be posted onsite.)
* No smoking on the property, including the deck and patio. Please do not discard cigarette butts on the sidewalk or lawn of our home or our neighbors.
* Check-in between 3:00 PM and 10:00 PM, check-out by 11:00 a.m. It is important that you let us know IN ADVANCE of your estimated arrival time so that one of us will be at the house to let you in and give you a key.
* Visitors (who are not registered guests) are limited to the first floor of the house; only registered guests are allowed on the upper floors.
* You are welcome to come and go at whatever hours suit you, but to make a quieter entry late at night or departure early in the morning, please remove your shoes...our hardwood floors can be noisy!
* Please note that you will be responsible for any damages and losses to our home and property that are caused by acts or omissions of yourself and your invitees. You will be required to pay me for any such losses. (Airbnb requires hosts to give guests this notice in order for the host to be protected by the Airbnb Host Guarantee.)
Ovaj domaćin ima 621 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
I am a somewhat gregarious middle-aged PhD/JD Nebraska native, and have lived in Washingtonian since 1990. Reid, my Canadian husband, and I enjoy sharing our home with people from all over the world. We have our own pet care business, so we might also be hosting a dog or two in our home. Before I started our pet care business, I worked quite a few years in the House of Representatives, the Senate, and the Clinton Administration, and then ran a nonprofit organization. All of it was very challenging and rewarding, but there is a lot more joy in caring for pets!