Large rowhouse basement studio with private entrance located on quiet street in Trinidad (next to Gallaudet U.) is .5 mile to the heart of vibrant H St. Corridor! Tidy and comfortable unit offers plentiful, free street parking, laundry, full kitchen, amenities. Unit has one comfortable queen bed, and ideally sleeps a maximum of two guests.
Special for inauguration bookings: addtl. queen air mattress and single sleeper futon provide sleeping for a maximum of five guests. Mention your needs!
This unusually large studio is about 900 square feet, divided into a well-appointed sleeping/dressing area, a sitting/dining area, a full kitchen and an enclosed full bathroom.
As a basement unit with upstairs tenants (separate unit, separate entrance), movement and voices may be audible. Note that there is wireless internet (complimentary, of course), but the tv only has a usb antennae that will bring in a few channels of varying quality (no cable service) -- it's a good place to Netflix on your wireless device and relax!
Full access to the entire studio. The rear yard not suitable for entertaining or relaxing, but allows access to the trash cans at the end of the lawn, if necessary.
Interakcija s gostima
When possible, I would love to greet you upon arrival! However, to make it convenient for you to arrive at any time, we do offer 24-hour self check-in. Other than a possible in-person greeting, you will have total privacy throughout your stay. That said, I am very committed to being available and responsive to guests by text and phone, and will likely be in area (or have a local contact), should you need anything!
- This is a residential neighborhood row house apartment (Trinidad/H Street), located a mile from Capitol Hill and a few miles from the White House -- not downtown.
- Its very convenient to the bus stop (on the corner), but a good mile to the closest metro (union station/Noma). The food and nightlife of H Street are very close, but I like to walk down with a buddy if it's nighttime, and uber back. I've been there several years and I love it!
Noise note: This is a basement unit, and the separate upstairs unit (completely different entrance, no access to the studio) is occupied by very nice people. If the occupants are home and moving around their ground floor, you will know -- voices, music and movement are audible. If you are sensitive to any noise, and they are present directly upstairs, you may appreciate some earplugs for sleeping. On the other hand, they are also very accommodating about mitigating noise upon request, if necessary. Other than the natural acoustics of a basement unit, the street and neighborhood itself are very quiet.
The bed: I've been told that the bed is quite soft! If you prefer a firmer mattress, please let me know ahead of your arrival, and I will remove the egg crate before making up the bed.
The metro: Not so close, at a mile away! The bus stop outside or the very handy uber option is ideal for getting to the major attractions downtown.
- Please be patient with the acoustics of the basement unit. The upstairs tenants are very nice, and willing to negotiate on noise abatement.
- Please feel at home and be nice to my Neal Street neighbors!
- Please smoke/vape/hookah anything outside the unit.
- The apartment is not intended for parties of more than 2-3. While the studio is spacious, it's not suitable for hosting large groups. Take the party to H street!
I am originally from Rhode Island, and have been in the DMV area for about ten years. The unit listed is my sometimes-residence, and I hope you feel at home when you are there!