A stone's throw away from the city center and central station, our neighbourhood boosts lot's of character, with it's artsy shops and restaurants and bars. We offer a private room with attached rooftop in our appartment, which is filled with art and design.
* Inquiring with us first is always preferred over direct reservation, to make sure that your travel plans match our schedules
* Our room is for 2 people (no babies)
* No long term rentals (2 weeks max)
About the room:
We rent out a bedroom in a shared appartment. In the kitchen we have coffee and tea available for you. You can use our fridge for your groceries if you like and you are always welcome to have your breakfast at our dining table in our living. Our house has two floors, with your room situated on the top floor. Attached is a rooftop terrace overlooking the quiet courtyard. Your room is furnished with a double bed, a desk, storage for clothes, a bunch of magazines and art on the walls!
Please send us a message first:
Before booking our room, please inquire with us about availability first. Also make sure to complete your profile, in case you don't have any reviews yet, so we know a little bit about you. We appreciate that very much!
We don't do long-term rentals (1 or 2 months or longer).
About our neighbourhood:
Join us for a couple of nights in one of Rotterdam's most upcoming and vibrant neighbourhoods, just 5 minutes from the city center. Het Oude Noorden ('Old North') is located only 15 minutes by foot from Rotterdam Central Station and even closer to the city center. Het Oude Noorden is a characteristic neighbourhood with lot's of unique design shops, restaurants and bars. Have a delish breakfast, lunch or high tea just around the corner at 'Lof der Zoetheid', Bertmans or Hopper. Or dine at Destino, a lovely Spanish restaurant just around the block!
Several bus- and tramlines are within walking distance. Walking to the city centre takes about 10 minutes.
Questions? More information? Please do not hesitate to contact us!
Guests have acces to a private terras, attached to their room. Bathroom is shared. Guests are totally allowed to use the fridge in our kitchen, or grab a cup of coffee or tea. Extensive cooking is not allowed, but preparing a small snack or salad is!
Interakcija s gostima
We like to give our guests lot's of information about special restaurants, interesting shops, museums or just a nice route for a stroll through town. Just ask!
We are very laid-back and amenable to a variety of personalities and people. However, please note our house rules:
1. Respect: Please be respectful to our home, to us and to our neighbours (which means no shouting or pounding in our home, communal areas etc.)
2. Partying: Partying in Rotterdam is great and you are more then welcome to do so! But if you plan to get wasted or interrupt our night's rest, it is better to stay in a hotel.
3. Guests our not allowed: We kindly but urgently ask you to not bring any friends here. Only registered guests are allowed to stay in the room.
4. Check-out time is 10.30. Late check-outs are totally okey, if we are able to accomodate that. So please check with us first if you are planning to leave town later.
5. Preparing a snack or simple breakfast is okey, extensive cooking is not allowed. You are most welcome to store some things in our fridge!
6. Inform us about your time of arrival before you come to Rotterdam. We both work out or have social appointments scheduled, so we are not always here. We'll do all we can to welcome you at your preferred arrival time!
7. Last but not least: be kind to our furry roommate!
We're a couple with a big love for art and architecture. Both graduated at the art academy, I now work as a spokesperson at an energy company and Marin works as an independant visual artist.
We know all about Rotterdam 'off the beaten track' and are more then happy to show you how to discover Rotterdam as the locals do!
We live about 10 minutes by foot from the city center and 15 minutes by foot from Central Station. We love our funky neighbourhood with it's authentic vibe and all the local shops, restaurants and bars. We're sure you will do to!