A true vegan extended stay alternative. No meat, fish, eggs, or dairy foods are permitted in the apartment.
You'll have a spacious private bedroom steps away from a lovely park, public swimming pool, public library, coffee shops, stores, and restaurants.
The room has a large platform bed with a firm queen mattress, dresser, closet, 2-person table for work and in-room dining, fast wi-fi & wireless printer.
Non-vegans who would like to learn how to thrive on a vegan diet are also welcome!
If you're a mobile nomad, searching for permanent place to live, or job hunting, this is a great place to land and live in Columbus for a longer visit or extended stay. With an outdoor swimming pool steps away, it's like a mini-resort!
You'll have a large, private bedroom in a two bedroom first floor apartment. Your bedroom has a south facing window looking out over a huge tree and quiet street. A second west facing window provides even more light and fresh air.
There is plenty of floor space for stretching and stashing gear in your bedroom, and additional storage in the basement. A two-person table and chairs are perfect for private in-room dining or working on your laptop. Fast wi-fi and free use of a printer/scanner are included.
The room has an ample closet with wooden hangers plus a dresser so you won't need to live out of your suitcase. The bathroom is shared and kept very clean. You'll have your own private towel racks with fresh white towels.
The kitchen is a wonderful place to cook. Feel free to use the juicer and blender! A free washer & dryer in the basement (the washer is an awesome new LG).
The dining room is very pleasant with French doors to let in the morning breeze. When the weather is nice, you can enjoy a meal or snack at the outdoor tables and chairs overlooking the green back yard.
The living room is also filled with light during the day and outfitted with an oversized reading chair and plenty of lamps.
This is a quiet building. Headphones are required if you wish to play music or videos at night - please see the house rules. During the day, you can broadcast music to the Airplay-equipped speaker system in the living room if you have any Apple devices.
You'll have your own large private bedroom and key to the front door. The bedroom and bathroom doors can be locked from the inside.
There's a shared bath, kitchen, living room, and dining area. On-street parking is free and plentiful. The washer & dryer are in the basement.
Interakcija s gostima
I live here full time, so we'll likely run into each other. I'm happy to provide guidance on where to go and how to get around town. Beyond the basics, if you wish to compare notes on vegan fitness or learn how and why to take up a vegan lifestyle, I'm happy to make an appointment to guide you.
I have two coffee cups, but there's no coffee maker yet since I'm not a coffee drinker. I'm happy to pick up a coffee press if you'd like to make coffee in the apartment. Starbucks is a ten minute walk. The old-fashioned Chef-O-Nette is even closer. There are many top flight coffee shops within a few minutes drive or pleasant longer walk.
See the Guidebook for all the great places you can get to on foot or with a short drive.
FIRST TIME GUESTS: PLEASE WRITE A NOTE STATING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND AGREE TO ALL RULES WHEN YOU MAKE YOUR REQUEST!
1) Before requesting a reservation or inquiring about the apartment, you must have a complete profile, including a written description about your personality and interests, and a current photo clearly showing your face.
2) This is not just a non-smoking booking. Any person who lives the smoking lifestyle (regular or occasional use of tobacco, vapes, pot, etc.) is not allowed in the apartment. This includes you, anyone sharing the room with you, and any guests you invite over for daytime visits.
3) People who use non-prescription drugs of any kind in any aspect of their lives, are not allowed in the apartment. This includes you, anyone sharing the room with you, and any guests you invite over for daytime visits.
4) People who live the alcohol lifestyle are not allowed in the apartment. If getting drunk is part of your life, do not apply. Consumption of alcohol in the apartment is not allowed. Intoxicated people are not allowed in the apartment.
4) No animal-based foods are allowed in the apartment. This includes meat, fish, eggs, and dairy, as well as prepared or packaged foods which contain any of these items as ingredients.
5) This is an extremely quiet building and neighborhood. Quiet hours are from 9:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. every day. Personal music, YouTube, etc. must be enjoyed through headphones only during those times. There is no acceptably low volume other than through closed headphones during quiet hours. No exceptions. If you are unable to sleep without background music or white noise played through a speaker other than headphones, please do not apply. If you must make an urgent phone call during the quiet hours, please make it as brief as possible, keep your voice as low as possible, and use a headset.
6) AirBNB prohibits booking for another person. Please only book for yourself and any guests who will be staying with you. No exceptions.
7) Weapons of any kind are not allowed. Any knife larger than a pocket knife is not allowed.
VIOLATION OF ANY OF THE RULES ABOVE WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE EVICTION FROM THE APARTMENT AND LOSS OF YOUR FULL PAYMENT.
ADDITIONAL RULES - PLEASE READ:
There is plenty of free, unrestricted on-street parking on the south side of the street in front of the apartment building. You can also park on the driveway on the west side of the building if there is space. Parking is only permitted on the west side of the driveway. Do not block the walkway. Do not park in the open area between the two carports in back.
Please be attentive to your personal trash as follows:
Do NOT leave any recyclable materials in any trash can in the unit - I must pay for trash pickup but recycling is free where I live. Wash all plastic containers and paper coffee cups in the kitchen sink and place them in the recycling bin in the living room closet. Other clean paper or plastic waste goes in the same recycling bin. A bag for collecting used plastic bags is in the same closet.
Do NOT put any food waste into any trash can in the unit as it will rot and attract flies. Please dispose of small quantities of soft food waste in the garbage disposal. Place larger food waste items such as banana peels in the plastic bag in the refrigerator.
Pets are not allowed.
When you make a reservation request or inquiry, please include a note stating that you have read and agree to all the rules listed in this section.
I'm an entrepreneur building "purpose driven" businesses my whole life. My latest company works to increase bicycle commuting in the U.S.
I enjoy advising people on how to accomplish their goals and often provide free mentoring sessions with guests.
I love to travel and spent seven months in India, Cambodia, and Thailand during 2014 and 2015 doing spiritual retreats, living the life of an internet nomad, and developing new wallet designs with a Cambodian sewing company.
While in Asia, I began following a vegetarian diet which progressed to a vegan diet (no animal products of any kind). I enjoy sharing what I've learned from these experiments and experiences with interested guests.
I like all aspects of fitness and health. My main fitness practices at the moment are rock climbing, functional movement training, yoga, and bike riding.