Classic 1930's 2 bedroom house in "Sam Hughes," one of Tucson's most historic, walkable, and desirable neighborhoods.
"Airbnb won't let me give Shanna & her home the amount of stars it deserves!"- a guest
We are 2 blocks to UA + 5 - 10 min walk to bball & football, and many restaurants and bars.
Fully equipped kitchen. New beds and quiet location mean a good night's sleep! Covered parking; Private yard; Pond & water feature; New BBQ.
Welcome to Tucson! We want your stay to be wonderful!
Our house is an older historic home in a great walking neighborhood. Oak wood floors throughout. Quiet location and new beds for great nights sleep! The backyard is fully enclosed and pet-friendly. A washer/dryer is available for guests.
We have stocked the kitchen with brand new Cuisinart pots and pans; dishes, knives, utensils, and everything you need to cook! Kitchen has a stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker and fridge. Coffee, tea, sodas, juice and snacks are provided!
We have recently added a new gas grill. The yard has a pond with a small fountain... but is otherwise basic, with an older patio which we plan to replace soon.
There is a new King-size bed in bedroom #2, (with premium cotton sheets.) This room has a skylight (with a skylight blind for sleeping in.)
*Note that this is a 1930's house, and it has some small "fixup" aspects, e.g. the brick patio* We are enhancing the house and yard on an ongoing basis. But we will not enter the house during your stay.
Please feel free to ask any questions !
Entire house: Living room, dining room, kitchen, bath, two bedrooms and carport and yard.
Bedroom #1 has a new Queen bed with a memory foam pad and a futon couch which can be made to a full bed (also with memory foam) . Bedroom #2 has a skylight (with adjustable shade) and a new King bed. 2 guests can sleep in the living room on a comfortable couch and twin-size daybed. We also have a twin size foldout foam bed or a queen-size airbed which could be used for a total of 8 guests maximum. (Though it will be crowded!!)
- A Graco Playpen is available for a baby or toddler.
- The enclosed backyard is accessible to guests and their pets.
- Basic workout gear (hand weights, yoga mat, exercise ball, foam roller and resistance bands) is provided.
Interakcija s gostima
We live and work nearby, and are available by text or phone and can stop by if you need anything!
We love meeting people and have been Airbnb guests for many years, but are new to hosting. We are Tucson natives, and can help with suggestions for restaurants, etc.. Take a look at our guidebook!
Short 5 to 10 min walk to basketball and football stadium. 2 blocks from the UA campus. You can get gym passes to the nearby U of A Recreation center for $8 a day. This facility has an olympic pool, weights, cardio, classes and more!
We can get you guest passes to our racquet club, just ask! ($10/day, $30 week). Includes racquet sports, weight room, cardio, yoga, swimming, jacuzzi, steam and sauna.
We can recommend close by yoga studios or hiking. The house is next to a bike path. Let us know if you need a bike, and we can arrange an inexpensive bike rental.
Pets are welcome! - With an added fee for extra cleanup.
- Please respect our neighbors and our house by taking care of the house as if it were your own.
- No parties or other loud activities please.
- Deposit will not be refunded if you damage the house or disturb the neighbors, so please don't plan to have a loud party.
- A fee will be assessed for excess cleaning (e.g. stains or spills on carpet, towels or bedding, broken furniture, etc)
- Smoking outside the house, on porch or backyard only.
- Reasonably quiet pets ok with prior notice. Cleaning fee is $35 per pet for non-shedding dogs, (e.g. Poodle, Terrier and Bichon Frise) and $50 for shedding dogs.)
- Early check-in/ Late check out policy: If we have a guest checking out and another checking in on the same day then we cannot give you early check-in or late check out. If you need an extended check out/in time, please ask --
If the house is free, we can offer complimentary late check out at 12, or early check in at 2 PM. Otherwise we charge $25 for extra late check out or extra early check-in.
Long time Tucson residents. Couple with a teen-age son. Quiet, Responsible, Relaxed. We enjoy quiet getaway weekends together. I am also a performer and travel to study and perform.
"Let yourself be silently drawn by the stronger pull of what you really love." - Rumi