**We got a slot on the boat rack @ the Town Beach for our 2 stand up paddleboards! Hooray!**
Stay in the heart of the Berkshires in this sweet 3-BR summer cottage; sleeps 7. Simple and clean, with very comfortable beds, a well-equipped kitchen, you'll find everything you need here. Whether you enjoy culture & the arts, great dining, or the outdoors. It's all nearby and you can walk to the lake.
1-week, Fri.-to-Fri. stays June 30 - Sept. 1 preferred.
Located a short walk to the town beach on the Stockbridge Bowl, and 1.5 miles from Tanglewood's Hawthorn entrance, this casual summer cottage is a great get away for the whole family.
The master bedroom is equipped with a queen bed; two twins in the 2nd bedroom, and a full-size bed in the 3rd bedroom. A sofa in the den becomes a real twin bed and a Pack 'n Play is on site if you need a portable crib.
A fresh kitchen will suit the chef of the family, or barbecue on the grill. Enjoy the screened-in porch and dine al fresco. Foodies will enjoy the many seasonal and farm-to-table offerings in nearby Lenox, Lee, and Great Barrington.
Cultural offerings abound nearby. Truly, there are too many to list. Museums, botanical gardens, theater, Tanglewood, the Norman Rockwell Museum, Berkshire Botanical Garden, Shakespeare & Co., Berkshire Theater Festival, Jacob's Pillow ...
Or enjoy the lake! You will find 2 stand up paddleboards and a canoe, conveniently stored at the town beach, that you are free to use. Plus there's a kids' kayak at the house. You'll find some extras in the house - things we like, such as a little red wagon, pool noodles, ganes - feel free to use them. Also, there are beautiful hikes to be taken on nearby Monument Mountain.
For yogis, Kripalu is just at the North end of the lake. You also can book a holistic facial or spa treatment there or opt for the spa at Canyon Ranch or Cranwell with it's indoor and outdoor pools. Whatever you're looking for, you're sure to find it in the Berkshires!
The house is yours alone during your stay.
Interakcija s gostima
Before your arrival, you will receive the code to the door via e-mail. If you have any questions or need any help, I am available on e-mail, text or phone. Sometimes we can be found hard at work right next door.
This is a summer cottage in a lake community and was built without heating or insulation. Guests in the shoulder season (Spring and Fall) will enjoy the working fireplace, down duvets, and if needed, space heaters. You can expect the temperature inside to drop in response to the outside weather.
Please treat our home as if it were your own and please let us know of any problems immediately. No smoking or pets. Contact us if you should encounter a problem or can't find something and we will try our best to address it promptly. Please do not drive the wrong way on our 1-way street (or our neighbors will tell us ALL about it!) We have 3 parking spaces on our property in the gravel area to the side of the street. Please do not park across the street on our neighbors' property.
Boilerplate "House Rules"
1. Smoking is NOT allowed
2. People other than those in the Guest party may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. The homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
6. Pets are NOT allowed.
7. Parking is on the side of the street, in the gravel area in front of the house. It is limited to 3 vehicles.
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate.
We're a family of 5 who love to play on the water, ride bikes and appreciate the arts. Our family is from the Berkshires and we love the area for skiing in the winter, yoga, and Tanglewood and the theater in the summer.