Spacious bedroom with wooden paneled walls and large mirrored closets. a King-size bed with optional double sofa-bed and/or fold-out single (narrow) beds (book for extra guests).
Private bathroom with shower.
Perfect for people who plan to spend their days taking advantage of this beautiful area and need a comfortable place to sleep (this room is fairly quiet as it is in the back, but our house can be noisy during the day).
Ask about other rooms & Aquarium passes
This is our master bedroom - during your stay it is entirely yours, but the closets and drawers are still filled with our things. We will try to clear the space in one closet which will be left open. The room is tucked away in the back corner of the house so it feels very private with its own private bathroom.
There is a King-size bed and a full-size comfortable sofa bed. We can also set up one or two single fold-out (narrow) beds for additional guests - if you would like the second or third bed you must reserve the room for 3 or 4 people. There are three other rooms available in the house, please click on my profile to see more.
Please park your car directly in front of the house on the main street and enter the house through the FRONT door (not the side door by the garage). You will need to come through the garden gate and up the front stairs.
We ask guests to remove their shoes in our house - there is a shoe closet near the front door.
This is a room-only rental. You are welcome to enjoy the view from our front living room, but the back room and kitchen are reserved for our family. There is a small shared refrigerator in the front living room as well as hot water, tea and coffee.
Interakcija s gostima
Our interaction with guests depends on a number of factors. Many prefer to keep to themselves, and that's absolutely fine. Occasionally we will share a meal with a guest or sit down for a coffee or tea. If you have kids, they might like to play with ours. It really depends on circumstances, mutual interest and time.
Please feel free to approach us if you have any questions or would like recommendations on local attractions, restaurants and shops.
• We have two very young children who, on occasion, make loud noises—of both the joyful, and not-so-joyful variety. If you want to sleep in past 7 or 8am and you're bothered by noise, it's probably not the best place for you.
• We are just down the street from the fire station—which means that we're all set if we have an emergency—but we also have the pleasure of knowing every time anyone else does.
• We are on a quiet main street next to a school. The street doesn't have much traffic, but the sound carries when someone drives by fast or playing thumping music. We do not get much noise from the school at all. During school drop-off and pick-up times, it can be hard to find parking - otherwise there is plenty of room on the street in front of the house.
PLEASE READ BEFORE BOOKING (this is more like terms & conditions)
If anything is unclear or you have questions, please ask BEFORE booking!
Note: The room has one queen-size bed and two optional fold-out single beds (see below).
Babies (under 2) are free if they sleep with their parents, otherwise you need to book for the appropriate number of people. There are no more than 4 people allowed in this room. If your group is bigger than that, please inquire about our other rooms.
Tell us if you need the following:
A crib-size mattress on the floor.
One or two extra beds (Our default is 2 guests = 1 bed, 3-4 guests = 2 beds, 5 guests = 3 beds. If you want to use an extra bed, you need to book for an extra guest).
- Please respect our check-in (5pm) and check-out (10am) times. Sometimes we can be flexible, but other times we have a tight schedule - so ask.
- Be prepared to read and follow instructions for self-check-in, where to park, and which door to enter. We are not always home.
- If you have any problems climbing up stairs, arrange with me ahead of time and we can let you use our private entrance on the side of the house (it is wheelchair accessible)
- There is a small fridge in the front living room, as well as coffee and tea for our guests. There is also a coffee maker for your room available upon request. The back room and kitchen are reserved for our family. It is fine to poke your head in to say hello, but excuse our mess - this is not part of the rental. We live here, and while we are happy to share our home with others, it is important to us that we have a normal family life.
- Please be respectful of the wooden floors (shoes off, no dragging/scraping luggage), and the wooden furniture (use coasters, don’t drape your damp towels or wet things). We provide hooks in your room where you can hang your towels instead of placing them on the bed or the furniture.
- Quiet hours are from 9pm-7am. If you come in late, please do so quietly. Our walls are thin and we have other guests, try to keep your voices down after 9pm.
- No heavy drinking or drunkenness, drugs, or smoking on the premises. No parties. No pets. NO ILLEGAL DOWNLOADS!
Please give us feedback about how we can improve your stay.
This is a test:
If you have read these rules, send me a message saying "Gray Whale"
I'm Lebanese-American, grew up in Boulder, Colorado and have lived in London, Beirut and Cairo before coming to California. My husband, John, is Egyptian. I have a background in actor-created physical theatre and I taught Rhetoric and Composition for several years at universities. John was a journalist for a decade in the Middle East. At the moment we are dabbling in various types of writing and we run a non-profit organization that teaches creativity programs for children and Syrian refugees in particular. We have two small children.