Enjoy a good night's sleep in this safe and quiet residential area and be in the city within 20 minutes for daytime exploring. We provide a spacious affordable room with comfy queen bed, desk, shelf, modern bathroom to share with other guest room +PLUS+ unlimited fast wifi, basic kitchen use before 9pm, bikes, mini gym on request, stan, book exchange WHAT VALUE :)
Coles/Aldi/mall 1.4km, City 4km, Airport 10km, bus stop 160m, 2 train stops + 2nd bus stop less than 1km, lots of food options around
DOES OUR HOME SUIT YOUR NEEDS ??? Find out about amenities that we have and don't have available, location and accessibility by reading through interesting FAQ's:
- DO YOU HAVE AN IRON/IRONING BOARD? No.
- CAN I USE THE KITCHEN? We use our kitchen a lot and consider it our private space, however we do allow quick access for our guests anytime before 9pm, keep it short and simple, no long cooking sessions or hanging out.
- CAN I DROP OFF MY BAGS BEFORE 2pm? We are not able to offer early bag drop off or check in due to other work duties.
- CAN I CHECK IN AFTER 9pm? No. Please do not book with us (especially instant book) if you are not able to check in by 9pm.
- CAN I STORE MY BAGS AFTER CHECK OUT AT 11am? No.
- IS THERE A POSSIBILITY TO WASH MY CLOTHES? Yes, there is a Laundromat 400m from us. Alternatively you can request to use our private washing machine on a 15 minute cycle, cold water only, no dryer available.
- DO THE CATS BITE? No, they are cuddle monsters and love to play.
- HOW TO ACCESS THE GYM? We have to be home to provide access, just ask us to schedule a time.
- DO YOU HAVE AIR-CON OR HEATING? No, however please don't hesitate to ask if you need extra blankets or a pedestal fan.
- DO YOU PROVIDE BEDDING AND TOWELS? Yes, fresh and clean.
- CAN I EAT IN MY ROOM? To avoid unwanted pests or spillage please only eat at the kitchen or dining table.
- DO YOU HAVE WI-FI? Yes, fast and unlimited.
- CAN I COME AND GO AS I PLEASE? Yes, absolutely. You'll have your own key to the front door.
- WHAT MEALS ARE INCLUDED? None.
- WHERE CAN I PARK? Anywhere on the street, it's free and safe (park in driving direction to avoid a ticket).
- HOW FAR TO THE SHOPS? 1.4km to the mall - about 15min walking or a quick bike ride (Coles, Aldi for groceries).
- ARE THERE ANY CAFES/RESTAURANTS NEARBY? Yes, 3 very good breakfast places incl. a vegan option within 500m. Plenty of restaurants/pubs/take aways/delivery options.
- HOW TO GET THERE FROM THE AIRPORTS? Uber approx. $20 (15min), Taxi $30, direct train to Albion station (domestic 15min, international 11min) $17.50 per ticket.
- HOW FAR ARE YOU FROM THE CITY AND HOW DO I GET THERE? Bus stop 160m, direct buses to the valley (9min) or to the city (14min to central station) or cycle (20min) few hills - good workout. Windsor train station 650m and Albion train station 950m, direct trains to the valley 6min, central station 9min, roma street 13min, southbank 20min.
Public Transport runs very regularly between 5am and 1am every day, as there are 2 bus stops and 2 train stops within 1km of our house you can basically catch a bus or train every 5-10 minutes. A taxi trip to/from the city costs approx. $14 and Uber approx $11.
- THE CATS ARE SO CUTE, CAN I TAKE THEM WITH? No chance! ;)
- Please always be aware that our 2 cats don't sneak outside
- Quiet time 10pm - 8am
- No visitors
REMINDER - facilities that are NOT available in our home: early check in/baggage drop off before 2pm, luggage hold after check out, iron, ironing board, personal toiletries, air-con, heating, clothes dryer, breakfast or other meals, kitchen access after 9pm!
We live in a beautiful big old queenslander house, the downside - there is no insulation which means it may get warm in summer and cold in winter. To keep you as comfortable as we can we provide cuddly extra blankets in winter and you can use the ceiling fan plus an extra pedestal fan on request in summer.
Keep in mind that all of this is reflected in the low rate you're paying - a fraction of what you would pay at any hotel or hostel.
Hi everyone - we are a very relaxed, well travelled kiwi-german couple who have experienced many quality hostings during our travels and are now at a stage where we hope to return the favour. We are honoured to be Superhosts which allows us to welcome the world into our home. We are providing a comfortable, affordable and clean quality home away from home for all these amazing travellers out there. It is so rewarding and keeps life interesting!
Our interests are travelling, our cats, house and garden as well as music and sports...