Convenient for city centre - 20-25 minute walk. High quality, Muji double bed, firm mattress. Floorboards, wardrobe, hangers. Table & 2 chairs, mirror & hair dryer. Black-out curtains. Bread for toasting/ cereal. Teas/coffee. 2 cats live here: if you are afraid of or dislike cats, please don't book. Is suitable for independent, seasoned travellers - I'm not at all intrusive but am on hand to answer any questions. Help yourself to toast / cereal for breakfast and teas / coffee.
The bedroom is spacious, simple and the double bed is of a high quality - Muji, and the mattress is firm. There are wooden floorboards, a table/desk and 2 chairs, a built in wardrobe, with some hangers, black-out curtains, a table mirror and a hair dryer. There is no lock on the bedroom door.
A simple breakfast is provided for you to help yourself to: cereal, bread for toasting, teas (normal and herbal), coffee.
The bathroom is downstairs and has a hot shower.
The house though is much older (1902) and has lots of character, and because of its age and that it isn't generally modernised, isn't spotless like a new build. The space would suit travellers who are fine with old, slightly rickety houses !
I may not be able to be there to meet you, so I offer the flexibility of check ins from 3pm. There is a key safe / key lock mounted next to the front door which is very simple to use. I'll send a code and (easy) instructions (ie arrange the code, and pull the switch down) as soon as you book. Please help yourselves to teas/coffee/juice/biscuits on your arrival if you would like to.
If you'd like to use the washing machine, please ask and I'll put the load on with you at £4 a load.
The kitchen is not available for use (except for cereal / toast for breakfast; and teas / coffee)
Bedroom, Bathroom, Living/Dining Room.
Interakcija s gostima
I'm used to lodgers and guests and respect your space and staying here would not feel invasive for you.
This is ideal for independent travellers; I am available if you need anything, but otherwise I do my own thing.
I have a housemate who has nothing to do with Air Bnb, so please ask me or send me a message if you have any questions, rather than ask him.
Please be aware that once a month I won't be around at all on a weekend. It's just as easy due to the key safe.
I have two cats so the place is really only suitable for guests who are fine with cats.
The wooden staircase is quite steep.
The bathroom is through the kitchen, and the bathroom light is unusually in the kitchen. (The kitchen light is in the living room !).
There's a Lidl supermarket less than 5 minutes walk from the house.
Recycled and non-recycled waste goes in the bins underneath the stairs.
Check in is from 3pm. Check out is 11am (including luggage) so that I have time to prepare the room for the next guest.
I am a non-smoker, and this is available to non-smokers only.
I have a housemate moved and he is in the room next to the Air BnB room. My room is downstairs - I also live in the house.
- Please only stay here if you like cats. If you don't like cats, are allergic to cats, or are unfamiliar with cats, or are indifferent to cats, please don't book here.
- Please bear in mind that the bathroom is downstairs, and the stairs are quite steep.
- If you don't want the cats in your room, you'll need to keep the door closed. As many guests enjoy being with the cats, they have become used to coming into the room, so please keep the door closed if you don't want them in the room.
- Non-smokers essential (which includes e-cigarettes).
- Only for the guest/s booked in.
- I tend to go to sleep at around 11:30pm, so I'd appreciate it if you were quiet after around this time (until around 6:45am)
- If you come in late at night or need to leave early in the morning, that's fine but please be quiet when you do this.
- Please keep mobile phones on silent overnight (including vibrate off).
- Please lock the front door from the outside if you leave and I'm not in.
- It is not possible to check in before 3pm (non-negotiable I'm afraid). You can check in any time you like after 3pm) and not possible to leave bags etc before 3pm (as I tend to come home lunch times to sort out the keys/change the room).
- Please help yourselves to breakfast: bread for toast is in the bread bin, jam, butter/spread is in the fridge, or there's cereal. Help yourselves to tea/coffee throughout your stay.
- The kitchen is not for use.
- If you'd like to use the washing machine, please ask and I'll put on a load with you - at £4 a load.
- The location is very ordinary, but convenient for the city centre (20-25 mins walk). Please set expectations to the ordinariness of the location, reflected in the reasonable price of staying here.
- Check-out is by 11am (which includes luggage: non-negotiable I'm afraid).
- This is for independent guests only. I am often away for entire weekends so you need to be fine with the idea of releasing a key from a key safe in order to unlock the door. If this sounds uncomfortable then please don't book with me, as I often don't have phone reception while I am away.
- I'm usually busy studying but am around to answer any questions you have.
- I don't accept third party bookings (ie if you book on behalf of someone else); I'm pretty sure this is against Air Bnb policy.
- No checking in after 10pm thanks.