Our quiet, modern, light-filled home is a woodland oasis in the midst of the city. Just two blocks from wonderful shops and restaurants, it overlooks preserved woodlands in the heart of Hillcrest -- Little Rock's most desirable historic neighborhood. Minimum rental is for 28 days, no exceptions.
Our quiet, modern, light-filled home is a woodland oasis in the midst of the city. Just two blocks from wonderful shops and restaurants, it overlooks preserved woodlands in the heart of Hillcrest -- Little Rock's most desirable historic neighborhood.
All guests must respect the right of our neighbors to the sides of us to peace and quiet. Even loud voices will carry on the back deck. If you are expecting a loud or large gathering, this is NOT the rental for you.
Entering the main floor from the driveway or two-car garage, you come into the large open-concept living room/kitchen area with sun room/dining room and adjacent deck (gas grill provided) overlooking the woods. The kitchen is fully furnished, including complimentary coffees and wine. Also on the top floor are the library/office, a half bathroom, laundry room, walk-in pantry, and large master bedroom (queen bed) with its woodland view and private, large master bathroom with double sinks, walk-in closet, and separate shower and jetted tub. Downstairs are two additional bedrooms, each with a walk-in closet and a queen bed (both have brand new mattresses), that share a stylish bathroom with a large shower between them. (All linens are provided, as well as soap and shampoo.)
Landscaping and the setting of the house are exceptional. The garden was designed by nationally-known gardening expert P. Allen Smith, and includes a shaded sitting area, koi pond with stone bridge, and mature plantings. The garden is contiguous with city park lands, and feels like your own secret garden.
Guests have full access to the exterior, garage, and interior of the house, except for one locked master bathroom closet and one storage room downstairs. All linens are provided and there is no cleaning fee. However, guests are asked to run a load of laundry, change sheets, and wash all dishes before leaving.
Children are welcome, but parents of new walkers and crawling babies may find the house a challenge, as the stairs are open to the living room, tables in the living room are glass, much is within their reach, and generally the house is not set up with small children in mind.
Hillcrest is Little Rock's favorite historic neighborhood. Our house is in the heart of Hillcrest, at the end of a quiet street (Ash St.), and overlooks Allsopp Park on two sides, yet multiple restaurants and coffee shops, year-round Saturday farmers' market, art galleries, a grocery store, liquor store, bank, bars, dry cleaner, salons, and more are all two to six blocks away. We are less than a mile from the University of Arkansas for Medical Science (UAMS) hospital/emergency room, less than two miles from several shopping centers, four miles from downtown and the Clinton Presidential Library, and less than 9 miles from the airport. Location and amenities don't get better than this!
Hillcrest is a walker's paradise. City buses run nearby on Kavanaugh.
Please note: Parking in front of the house is strictly limited to two cars. On-street parking is close by. Because of the lovely and private woodland view, the master bedroom and the north-facing downstairs bedroom have no curtains over those windows. You cannot be seen, but light is abundant.
Interakcija s gostima
Jill is the manager of the property and is a long-time resident of Little Rock who lives just two miles away. She is happy to answer questions and offer help at any time to make your stay in Little Rock as pleasant as possible.
To keep from charging a cleaning fee, guests are expected at the end of their stay to change the sheets on the beds they've used, start a load of laundry, and run the dishwasher. Thank you!
The ice and water dispensers on the refrigerator don't work; however, there is a stand alone ice maker to the left of the refrigerator and a filtering pitcher in the refrigerator. (As well, Little Rock has high-quality tap water.)
Check in and out are flexible. Feel free to arrive early on your first date, and leave as late as you need. Please contact Jill with any questions; she's happy to help.
Booking the property through Airbnb constitutes agreement to the following rules and guidelines by renters and guests.
1. SMOKING is allowed outside only. Guests are expected to properly dispose of refuse.
2. Guests should not create excessive NOISE at a level that disturbs neighbors. Hillcrest is a quiet, residential neighborhood and a tightly-knit community. Guests are expected to respect our neighbors’ privacy and property. (Please know they will call the police for noise.)
3. The owner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities, to persons or pets. The Homeowner is not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of guests. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Let Jill, the property manager (cell phone=(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)), know promptly of any problems or concerns with the property.
5. Only use APPLIANCES for their intended uses.
6. PETS are permitted only with prior approval and a $500 pet deposit. Deposit will be refunded in whole or in part, depending on inspection of the property after rental term. Pet owners are expected to clean up all pet messes promptly and report all pet damage to the property manager. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on any of the furniture.
7. PARKING at the house is limited to two vehicles, both BELOW the grate/drain that runs perpendicular to the west side of the garage. Under no circumstances may renters or their guests park above the grate/drain or in front of the house next door (the brown house with which we share a driveway). Backing out can be a challenge; renters and their guests are encouraged to park up on Ash Street. Renters are required to alert the property manager if they damage the property of neighbors with their car(s) in any way, and to pay for such damage beyond any damage protection coming from (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or Airbnb. Any cars parked in our next door neighbor’s portion of the driveway are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
8. There is no daily HOUSEKEEPING service. Bed linens and towels are included in the rental. Guests are expected to start a load of white/light laundry (not including black towels) before departure. To keep us from charging a housecleaning fee, guests are also asked to change the sheets on all beds that were slept in and make the beds as well. A clean set of sheets for this purpose is in the closet of each bedroom. Guests are also asked to wash all dirty dishes, and run a final load of dishes in the dishwasher before leaving. Other cleaning, such as sweeping, vacuuming, cleaning surfaces that have been soiled, etc. are much appreciated and will be reflected in positive reviews.
9. As the GARBAGE can becomes full, guests are expected to take bags to the larger, dark green garbage bin in the garage. RECYCLING (clean glass, plastic, and paper) should be put in the two recycling bins in the pantry. When full, dump bins into the smaller green and yellow recycling bin in the garage.
10. The FIREPLACE is non-functional. Guests may have the lights on or off as they wish.
11. The TOILETS, especially the upstairs ½ bath toilet, clog easily if too much toilet paper is used. The plunger is in the master bathroom closet. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at any time.
Please ask Jill if you have any questions about these rules before booking. Thank you.