Welcome to MaWink's House!
The area has certainly developed since my German great grandparents bought this house over 65 years ago! But with four generations still living in the area and using this as our central meeting spot, we still lovingly refer to it as MaWink's house.
The home, a stone built 'cottage' built at the turn of the century, is four bedrooms/three bathrooms and sits a hundred yards from our cabana and doc on scenic Lake Waramaug.
* Master bedroom with a four post queen bed, private balcony to admire the perfect view of the lake, private sink, and a shared bathroom with...
* Second large bedroom with stunning views of the lake, private sink and two twin beds and a bunk bed.
* renovated kitchen with back door entrance (leads to car parking area and garage) and breakfast bar. It's open plan with...
* Large living room/dining area that includes a large flat screen TV, dvd player, stereo and collection of dvd's.
* The front closed in porch (my favorite area!). There is a table that sits 6 where we usually eat and a sitting area to admire the views.
* The den/library - a smaller room off of the living room with windows to the porch and a sleeper sofa for extra guests.
* The back bedrooms/bathrooms:
*** There are two cosy back bedrooms that we call MaWink and Gaga's rooms after my great grandmother and my great aunt. Always the host, MaWink never slept in the big bedroom upstairs, but instead kept that for her constant flow of guests coming to the house! MaWink's room is en suite with bathroom with shower and queen bed. There is an additional bathroom with full bath in the hallway for Gaga's room which has two single beds;)
With one of the few cleared views of the lake from the street we always have bikers and walkers stop to take a picture... but don't worry, the cabana is set below on the lake so you'll barely notice them! A two room open cabana with gas grill, fridge, prepping space and sitting area. Wood dock attached to the cement pier area. You can climb down to the 'beach (water height dependent ;) ) to play in the water or just get thrown in from the doc! Lots of comfy furniture including lounges, table and chairs and a outdoor couch! There are two kayaks for you to enjoy on beautiful Lake Waramaug.
Besplatan parking u sklopu smještaja
Što trebate imati na umu
- Zabranjeno pušenje
- Zabave i događaji zabranjeni
- Dopušten je dolazak s kućnim ljubimcima