This private, fully equipped flat is located in the heart of Historic Midtown Mobile in our 1902 American Foursquare home. Converted into multiple units during the Great Depression, it is one of four completely renovated, self-contained flats with all of the conveniences of modern living, but with the charm of a bygone era. With heart pine floors and soaring 12-foot ceilings, it has been lovingly restored and is decorated with treasures collected over a ten year sailing voyage around the world.
'Anchors Away' was featured on AL.com! Search "Cool Spaces: Sail away to this easy, breezy Airbnb in midtown Mobile" to read the article!
Enjoy the privacy of your own flat during your stay here in Mobile. Full of helpful amenities and little luxuries, it's the perfect place to call home for a weekend, or more extended stay. Prepare a home-cooked meal in its sunny, fully equipped kitchen with butcher block countertops and soaring 12-foot ceilings. On a rainy day, cozy up in front of the Smart TV and stream your favorite movie with our complimentary Wi-fi.
Enjoy a great night's sleep in the queen sized, four poster bed, made up with Italian linens. There is also a self inflating air mattress if you need it. Plush Turkish cotton bath linens and toiletries are provided. Please make yourself at home on the front porch with a cocktail or just to sit and watch a summer thunderstorm roll by.
Guests will enjoy the newly renovated, fully equipped kitchen, Smart TV with complimentary Wi-fi, washer and dryer, and spacious front porch. Two complimentary bikes are available for you to wheel around town. We also have an air mattress for your use if needed. The flat is yours to enjoy, so put your feet up, get comfy and stay a while.
Interakcija s gostima
We can have as much or little contact with you as you'd like during your visit. We love meeting new people and sharing with them what makes our city and neighborhood so special, so please don't hesitate to let us know if there is anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable.
Help yourself to the free Wi-Fi! The network name is "White House" and the password is "old government".
1. We love and take good care of our home, so we ask that you keep that in mind and care for it the same way we would.
2. Pets are accepted at the discretion of the hosts. If you are traveling with a pet, please let us know in advance via messenger. We treat pets as additional guests ($25/night additional) so that we can ensure a squeaky clean and tidy space for our next guests. As long as they're potty trained, clean and quiet, and stay off of the furniture, they are welcome! Guests who leave their pet(s) unattended in the flat must be reachable by cell phone in the event that any issues arise while they are away. We also ask that you clean up any messes they leave in our or our neighbors' yards during your stay.
3. We are a smoke-free property, inside and outside on the property.
4. We ask that you be respectful of our neighbors and other guests. Please keep the noise to an appropriate level for the time of day it is. Our neighbors and guests are also our friends!
5. Help yourself to the wine bar. We operate on the honor system with the simple rule: Drink some, leave some. All other treats in the kitchen are complimentary, so please enjoy.
6. If you recycle like us, please leave your rinsed plastic, glass and paper on the counter and we'll take care of it from there.
7. Parking is curbside in front of our home. Please do not park in front of the mailboxes though as it makes our mailman very grumpy.
Ovaj domaćin ima 142 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
We are a sailor/marine biologist turned historic home renovator ("John Rand the Handyman"), and a designer/marketing exec who now owns a French-themed, eco-friendly maid service ("Maids á la Mode"). Between the two of us, we've traveled to 49 countries, set foot on six continents, and speak four languages. Hey, this life's a short one! A Yankee and a world traveling nomad, we never would have imagined we would someday call Mobile home, and have completely fallen in love with her. If we're not on the porch with our pups and a big glass of red, we're probably out sailing or anchored up in a secret spot on Mobile Bay with the grill going off the stern. We've renovated this flat with tender loving care and hope that our love for world travel, the open water, historic architecture and modern design will shine through. Airbnb started as an experiment for us and a way to stay connected to the world and our love of travel. It's been an amazing experience and we haven't looked back since. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to our home and our neighborhood soon!