Attractive stone converted barn in Tamar Valley providing superior accommodation for 4-8 people with large open plan kitchen / dining / living area, 4 bedrooms, private secure garden with a hot tub for your exclusive use, access to tennis court, orchard & picnic area, woodland, shingle beach.
Winner of Silver in the Cornwall Tourism Awards Self Catering Property of the Year ’17/‘18 category and awarded Highly Commended in their Wildlife Friendly Tourism Business Award category.
Kingfisher Barn is an attractive stone converted barn which provides superior accommodation for 4-8 people staying at Lower Marsh Farm. Set over two floors, the top floor boasts a large open plan lofty beamed ceiling kitchen / living area (approx 5m x 10m) with oak flooring, dining table and a fitted kitchen (new this year) with all modern conveniences. Outside there’s a private secure garden area including a hot tub, table and chairs for al-fresco dining, a tree perfect for kids to climb on and herbs for adding to your dinner.
Guests have full access to all of our amenities – including tennis court, orchard and picnic area, basketball hoop, woodland and private shingle beach. Also we are Cornwall Wildlife Trust Members which gives our guests access to their wildlife education sessions for children which include mini-beast safaris, rock pooling events and bird box making. We can also offer our guests discounted tickets for the Lost Gardens of Heligan and Eden Project.
Children and babies are welcome and we have a cot, high chair and stair-gate available by prior arrangement (plus can provide baby bath, kitchen cupboard door locks etc). We have ample parking and storage areas for bikes and surf boards.
After a day of exploring the Farm and nearby areas, relax with a drink in front of the roaring log burner – you are welcome to use wood from our wood store.
There are so many things to do here and out and about, but for any rainy days, the barn comes complete with a 49″ wall mounted satellite television, Blu-Ray/DVD player and 5.1 surround sound. You can even connect your iPod / iPhone wirelessly to the sound system to play your favourite tunes whilst you cook or eat. There are books and DVDs in the the property for your use.
- Sleeps 4-8 people in 4 bedrooms. 3 of the bedrooms can be set-up with either a king size double bed or twin singles. The fourth bedroom has a bunk bed.
- Ample off street parking (for up to 4 cars by prior arrangement).
- Fully Fitted Kitchen with full self catering facilities including a good sized fridge / freezer, dish washer and washing machine.
- Wood burner.
- Free Wi-Fi.
- DVD / Blu-Ray Player.
- Large flat-screen Satellite Television.
- 5.1 Surround Sound with AirPlay Streaming.
- Ground floor entrance to the 4 bedrooms, bathroom and second WC. A flight of stairs up to First Floor which is open plan with kitchen, dinning area, sitting room area, wood burner. The is also a first floor entrance reached via 2 half flights of stairs.
- External and internal doors are all of a standard width and height.
- Kitchen work tops are of a standard height.
- Luxury Egyptian Cotton bed linen, white fluffy cotton towels, complementary toiletries and heating (via efficient storage heaters) included.
- This is a NO SMOKING property.
- Storage available for bikes, surf boards etc.
- If you have members of your party that have accessibility requirements, we have additional ground floor accommodation available so please do contact us to discuss.
Where possible we will try to accommodate 1 dog (at an extra charge of £20 per week). However, we have resident chickens, ducks, geese, dogs and cows so dogs need to be well behaved and kept under control at all times. If you want to bring your dog, please contact us before booking to discuss. A pet sitting service is available by prior arrangement in the village. We welcome Registered Guide and Hearing Dogs, at no extra cost.
We are situated a short walk from where the popular TV programme 'The Coroner' was filmed!
This is a No Smoking property