Don’t just imagine your dream holiday - make it happen at Chateau Colombier. Enjoy the character of an old country house with all the modern comforts you expect nowadays. Contact Clare for pricing/availability. Featured on the Paris metro airbnb ads.
Note the listed prices are for the whole house for a group of up to 16 people,
Chateau Colombier is plenty big enough for an extended family celebration or for a group of friends holidaying together. Come and enjoy the easy and relaxed French lifestyle. Buy local food at the markets and wine from the vineyards to eat together by the pool or under the shade of the verandah. You'll appreciate the space of its large character bedrooms each with their private modern bathrooms/shower rooms. And soak up the sunshine and the unspoilt views all around you, in one of the most authentic and beautiful areas of rural Provence.
We can cater for up to 16 guests having 7 bedrooms (4 ensuite), 1 shower room plus 3 bathrooms. Fully equipped kitchen, separate breakfast room, elegant dining room for 12 people, library, family room, "chill out" room. For more space add on the self-contained studio/gite or for your guests with limited moblity. Outside we have a walled garden housing our 10 x 4m swiiming pool with paddling area and integrated jacuzzi.
You can relax outside in our landscaped grounds with paths, paved areas, terraces and raised beds containing a wide collection of aromatic plants, climbing roses and leafy vines.
• Large well-equipped kitchen, with separate tower breakfast room
• Elegant formal dining room with wood-burning stove (and piano) that seats up to 12 people
• Library/salon with woodburning stove
• Buanderie/laundry room with washing machines plus covered drying area
• 2 doubles with ensuite shower /wc facilities: Tilleul has a king-sized double bed; Abricot has twin beds that can be joined to make up a super-kingsized bed
• Coquelicot is a small room with double bed and adjacent private shower room
• Tournesol is the first floor Salon with TV/dvd and woodburning stove with access to 1 double-bed bedroom (Romarin)and separate full bathroom
• Lavande is a large double-bed bedroom with an additional single bed, and ensuite shower room with wc.
• Verveine has 3 singles beds: two can be made up as an extra large king size bed if required. Also with ensuite shower with wc.
• The “chill out” room at the top of the tower, with its low ceiling and round walls, makes the perfect kid’s retreat (or for grown-up kids if they don’t mind the slightly restricted headroom). Contains one single bed, or will accommodate double bedsettee from the second floor salon
• There is a full bathroom on this floor specially for those times when you want to lie back and unwind in a steamy bath. It’s great after biking, walking or skiing (or gardening)!
• The kitchen area has sink, fridge and cooker and batterie de cuisine.
• The enormous (65 square metre) Second Floor Family Room gives everyone all the space to spread out that you might want. It has a dining table, TV and DVD, 2 x double bed settees and easy chairs. Plus 2 additional single beds behind privacy screens
Domaine Rocheville (10mins) on the outskirts of Nyons, direction Montelimar
Lavender distilleries in Nyons (under 10 mins) or St Jalles (under 15 mins)
Classical and ancient heritage - Vaison (30 mins) is your first stop for things Roman: its ampitheatre and its museums.
Cycling – including Cycle up (or down) Mont Ventoux (80 mins).
Kayaks and canoeing; at Saillans on the river Drome (90 minutes drive from Le Colombier); or kayaks on the Ardeche (100 mins) or the Pont du Gard (90mins).
Rock climbing in Condorcet (go to the trout farm – minutes away) , and the iron walkways (via ferrata) (120 mins).
Paragliding Buis les Baronnies (30mins).
Walking – from the gentle to the extreme.
Lakes at Cornillon (90mins) – lots of trees, parking bays, and picnic benches – with a great adult outdoor fitness circuit, complete with little signs showing you how to use the equipment.
Quad bikes – from age 16; for hire at Aubres (10mins) Also day and overnight trips.
Hang gliding instruction at Mevouillon (50 mins).
Further afield you have Orange (60mins), Nimes (90mins) , the Pont du Gard (90 mins) and Arles (120 mins).
I split my time between London and the south of France, and other places that my work takes me to. Outgoing and easygoing. I like to create a space where people can feel at home, and from which they can go off and do their own thing. I run my own training and coaching business, so am either out and about, or keeping in virtual contact with clients and colleagues via the cloud.
Having lived in Vauxhall for 10 years, I can give you insider knowledge of local places to eat and have a drink, and help you discover the wide range of specialist delicatessens that are dotted around the area.
When in France I'm hosting, cooking, gardening, and trying to find time just to sit by the pool reading or in a local cafe watching the world go by. In London there's not so much cooking - and you can't do much gardening on a small city balcony. So I'm either meeting up with friends or clients, going to the theatre or cinema or an occasional exhibition, or just catching up with the latest Scandinavian or French detective series. Ands working of course.
My motto? Henri Throeau: "Go forward confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live life you have imagined.