18th Century Heritage Villa in the heart of Galle Town. Beautiful En-suite Double Rooms set amidst large tropical gardens. Breakfast selection on the Verandah available. Close to Galle Fort & Unawatuna Beach.
Wakwella Villa is a lovingly restored 18th Century Heritage Villa in the heart of Galle Town.
We have 4 attractively decorated, spacious double bedrooms all with Ensuite bathrooms.
Our Villa has a large outdoor verandah with lounge area, coffee area and breakfast tables overlooking our large garden which is filled with tropical trees and plants.
CINNAMON ROOM FEATURES:
- 1 x Queen Size Bed, 1 x Single bed (This Master bedroom can sleep 3 people or a family)
- Elegant Teak Wooden furniture
- Overhead fans and Mosquito Nets (nets removed for photos)
- Air Conditioning
- Private and elegantly decorated en-suite bathroom with European fittings, 24hr hot water (heated by solar power).
WAKWELLA VILLA FEATURES:
- Free Wi-Fi all over the Villa
- Spacious, comfortable Dining and Living room areas
- Fully equipped kitchen for guests
- Small Library – guests are welcome to borrow the books
- Large outdoor verandah overlooking the garden with 4 breakfast tables and lounge areas to play games or drink morning coffee
- Fresh Towels and all luxury bed linen provided
- High quality eco-friendly Mattresses carefully designed and manufactured out of 100% natural raw materials Coir Fibre and Natural Latex, which possess unique resilience and natural breathing qualities, ideally suited for tropical climates.
- Daily cleaning services
- Vegetable garden, fruit trees and well. The water from the Villa comes from our garden water well
- Television area
- Laundry Service Available at 500 LKR per load
- Delicious breakfast served on the Verandah at reasonable rates – Sri Lanka and Western breakfast available. Breakfast is not included in the Airbnb Price. It costs 600 LRK per person per day.
The villa is surrounded by a large garden filled with flowers, coconut trees, mango trees, avocado, guava, lychee and other varieties, a vegetable garden and a deep water-well. Our fruit and veggies are grown in our garden.
Wakwella villa is eco-friendly and sustainable with all electricity and hot water generated by solar power, our water comes direct from our well, and our veggies and fruit are organic.
Wakwella Villa is run and managed by Luxury Villas in the Galle Fort. On your arrival you will be met and welcomed by one of the team. Our friendly in-house staff are here to make your stay enjoyable.
Wakwella Villa is originally the ancestral home of the Amendra Family who are a well-known family of Sri-Lankan cricketers with nine brothers. The brothers won a world record for the most members of one family playing on the team at the same time. Five of the brothers captained the team. Dotted along the walls of the villa you will see the old family cricketing photos.
Our rooms can be individually booked or guests can book the whole villa at a discount rate.
We look forward to seeing you!
Guests have access to all areas
No smoking in the Villa. Smoking is permitted on the verandah and garden area
Ovaj domaćin ima 118 recenzije za druge smještaje.Prikaži druge recenzije
Welcome to Wakwella Villa Galle
Our stunning heritage Villa has been passed down through many generations of the famous cricketing family the Amendra Family. The Villa is a beautiful 200 year old Walauwa and antique 'Colonial Manor House'. The architectural style is Dutch in character. Wakwella Villa is famed for being the family home of the nine sons who were all renowned cricketers in Galle.
Wakwella Villa is managed and run by Luxury Villas based in the Galle Fort. On your arrival you will be met and welcomed by the team from Luxury Villas who will sure you have a pleasant stay in Galle.
Enjoy your trip!